Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond Marquis?

Old 02-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Diamond Marquis?

You know, with the Marquis being a brand new flagship bow I find it odd that there is so little discussion of this model. Is it not selling? Is the Black Ice a better alternative?
Old 02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Diamond Marquis?

Not currently being pushed here.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shot them both and bought a Marquis. I just got it this week and haven't put many arrows through it yet. I made this choice for several reasons. Among them, speed, longer A to A, ( I'm 6'2"), and it just felt better to me. The cable rollers and string supressor were also plusses. I am very pleased with my decision. I just have to figure out how to slow it down enough for 3-D unlimited.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:12 AM

The Black Ice is a good alternative if you can get it cheap. It is a good bow, light compact and fast. The Marquis weighs a little more but is one sweet shooter. I just got my Black Ice and when I get my next bow the Marquis will be at the top of the list.I think that the Diamonds get a little overshadowed by the multiple new offerings by Bowtech.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Terry.

I have both and the Marquis has put my Black Ice to the back up position.

Both are very sweet bows but the Marquis does push my arrows out a lot faster.

61lb 28" draw 490gr arrow @ 246fps and just for gigglesI put a 322gr arrow through the crono at 296fps.

Now my Black Ice with the same 490gr arrow is only shooting 225fps.

Matter of fact I will be using the Marquis at a 3d shoot in a couple of weeks in the "Unlimited" class with the only change from a hunting set up will be a long stab and slightly lighter arrows either 480gr ones or 410gr arrows both of which have a 20% + FOC. The 480 gr arrows will have a 100gr brass inserts with 125gr field tips the 410's will have standard inserts with 175gr tips

I know some guys are not going to like pulling those arrows out of the foam specially if it is cold
Old 02-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Terry.

I have both and the Marquis has put my Black Ice to the back up position.

Both are very sweet bows but the Marquis does push my arrows out a lot faster.

61lb 28" draw 490gr arrow @ 246fps and just for gigglesI put a 322gr arrow through the crono at 296fps.

Now my Black Ice with the same 490gr arrow is only shooting 225fps.

Matter of fact I will be using the Marquis at a 3d shoot in a couple of weeks in the "Unlimited" class with the only change from a hunting set up will be a long stab and slightly lighter arrows either 480gr ones or 410gr arrows both of which have a 20% + FOC. The 480 gr arrows will have a 100gr brass inserts with 125gr field tips the 410's will have standard inserts with 175gr tips

I know some guys are not going to like pulling those arrows out of the foam specially if it is cold
Thanks for the reply Aussie,
Is a 20% FOC common in target/competitive archery? I always thought 10-13% was considered Ideal? What advantages are you getting over slightly less FOC?
The Marquis is a tough purchase here because the only people who sell them are Basspro and service would have to be funnelled through the importer/distributor which is on the other side of the country. My local shop tried to get parts for an Ice and Bowtech would not send them direct due to the exclusive rights of the distributor. And the shop is a Bowtech dealer !!!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is a 20% FOC common in target/competitive archery? I always thought 10-13% was considered Ideal? What advantages are you getting over slightly less FOC?
Terry.

No high FOC is not common with in 3d but there are guys out there shooting indoor spots with high FOC. I know a couple of guys that are shooting 250gr points for spots.

Since I started out playing around with different arrow weight and FOC set ups I have found that the higher the FOC the more forgiving the arrow is specially with a broad head and at long range with a cross wind.

Of course with heavy heads I am maintaining more arrow speed down range which is good, what I want is for the head to be pulling the arrow through the air and not the arrow pushing the head which is one of the things that will wash off speed quick.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned both and if I were to buy one I would choose the Marquis. While the Black Ice is a great bow, I just like the little extra A to A and it's a little faster too.

Russ, The Arrows I built to take to NE in Dec weighed over 500 grains and have an FOC of 20+% They flew awesome and hit like a brick. I had a difficult time finding my arrow I shot the Mule Deer Buck with. It completely passed through and traveled another 15 to 20 yards before coming to rest

Dan
Old 02-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Russ, The Arrows I built to take to NE in Dec weighed over 500 grains and have an FOC of 20+% They flew awesome and hit like a brick.
Dan.

I could say "I told ya so" but I wont.

I just shot my Marquis with the crappy rest ( untill the limb driver turns up) through the crono with my 410gr Gold Tip Ultra Light 400's cut to 25 3/4" with standard inserts and 175gr tips @ 277fps so I am legal for the Qualifier in a couple of weeks
Old 02-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will shoot a considerably lighter arrow out of my Airbornes, but as is normal for me they will have adequate FOC. I like variety in my setups. It is the Spice of life!

Dan

Quick Reply: Diamond Marquis?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.