Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crash

Old 02-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Crash

The officer placed his lights on the deer for a few seconds without getting out and then proceeded to the vehicle.I stopped to put down my window to see if the officerwas going to put it down and they turnedtheir lights on and sironas if to motion me on. At this point I thought that it was covered until I returned. I am really happy to hear that they will put them down and it sounds as if this is an isolated incident.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have punched the dude in the mouth then got the knife out and finished it off. No need to let it suffer, make that guy suffer for what he was doing to it.

Ryan.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I really don't think anything would change his views. What sucks is that you can't shoot them. There was no way that I was going to lose my license by shooting it. I'll spare you the details but it didn't suffer long at all after I had the opportunity. When I was a young teen, I had a friend put one out with a knife. What a wrong move. It threw him off like a rag doll not to mention he could have really stuck himself.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had a deer a few years ago taht got hit by a car, ran all the way up the hill to the house and bedded down 5yrds from the back of the house, we called the police and they said we could put it down, so i did. HIs legs were tore up real bad, and when i went up to him, he had some fresh blood on one side of his head from a freshly shed antler, the other had done scabbed over(or whatever they do) he couldnt have been no bigger than a spike but i never did find the anlter.