Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heights

Old 02-01-2008, 11:45 AM

Default RE: Heights

I love to be in my tree stand, but my ground blind is more productive. So after I fill a tag, I go up a tree to enjoy the view.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

I don't like heights when I'm not secured. Hate even cleaning out my gutters. But give me a treestand and belt and I average about 25-30 feet up on any given hunt.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dont like heights either. I have 5 ladder stands ranging from 9' to the seat, to 12' to the seat. I tink I could go higher if I had a box blind, or something around me. Someone mentioned one of those 2 man ladder stands that has some kind of blind that you can put around the top. I have thought abouit getting one of those, but wouldnt it be hard to draw your bow with a burlap enclosure around you, and not hit the rail?
Old 02-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Site Buck Guru

Heights are no problem, I'm afraid of widths.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

Heights are no problem, I'm afraid of widths.
Good one!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not afraid of heights, im more afraid of falling and that sudden stop at the end. So you can count me in on your group.

Ryan.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Reminds me of an old story. Man fell of a ten story building and at each floor someone asked, "how ya doing?" His reply was, "so far so good"

I know someone who's alergic to and therefore afraid of bee's, never knew someone whom bee's seem to follow around so much. If your afraid of falling, ya probably will.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:53 PM

I'm not so much afraid of heights as I am ladders and platforms. If I feel safe I don't care how high I am, but you get more than six feet up on a ladder and I am nervous.

Normal lock on tree stands and foot pegs scare the crap out of me.

I either use a ladder stand or a climber. Once I'm up and strapped in I am fine, it's getting there that stresses me out.

Paul
Old 02-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm about the same as Paul. If I'm strapped in I'm fine, but if I'm not I'm petrified. I actaully will use a lineman's belt while climbing up into my hang ons, but I have to take it off to get in and those are some anxious moments. I'm thinking of getting some of those long safety ropes for climbing, but they are $40 a piece. I used to be really bad. When I first started hunting my one buddy would make fun of me because he said he could jump up and grab onto my platform. I'm much better now, but 25 ft. is about my limit and I rarely go that high.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:56 PM

They bothered me when I first started using them but I would not trade them for nothing now. But I do like to get eye level at times, especially when there is no other choice.

Quick Reply: Heights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.