Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Loop guys

Old 01-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Loop guys

I have been shooting of the string for 23 years now. I have decided to go to a rope thing

For the guys who use rope in hunting conditions I have a few questions.

1.Why not use the Ultra Nock?
2.Have you ever struggle to get your release on at the moment of truth
3.Have you ever have the rope move up or down?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rope release guys

1. Don't know for sure. I have heard that the metal nock are heavier and hurt like the dickens if you happen to hit your forearm with the string. I have also heard they can pinch the string and reduce string life. Again, not sure because I haven't tried one.
2. No. Never.
3. No. Never. Tension from continuous shooting makes the loop very secure.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

the ultra nock? is that the big ole thing that clamps to your string??? buddy shoots one...couldnt pay me to put that on my string..big, heavy, and i think it may be noisy...his bow hurts my ears when he shoots period..so i cant tell if some of it is that or not...not to mention, my luck the screws would back out or something...

never had trouble getting my release on...my current release i pull the trigger and the jaws open, relax it and the jaws close...i dont even have to look to hook up really. as soon as i hear deer or catch movement i hook up and stand up if im not standing.

if tied and tightened properly, they shouldnt move. mine never has...ive tied my own and had shops tie them...never had a problem with them moving...heck, i even took my nocks off and shoot with just a loop now...i did use a sharpie to mark the knots to see if it moved, and it hasnt and that loop been on since August..

never had any other troubles...imo the string loop is about the only thing that makes sense as far as using a release...putting the jaws and pressure right behind the arrow..

if you dont like it, they are simple to remove and you can go back to shooting from the string..
Old 01-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

m06 that is what I needed to know thank you.

Good idea with the sharpie, you're not just a pretty face after all
Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you talking about a rope release or a loop??
Old 01-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

1. The ultra-nok is heavy, has screws that could back out, IMO noiser, the constant metal to metal contact between release and ultra nock is bound to wear something out, and also more expensive.

2. No, never any trouble to get the release on, becomes second nature.

3. As was said, the more you shoot, the more the knots tighten. I have used just a loop with no brass or tied on nockpoints without any movement or slipping.

A string loop is just easier and more convienent to me. They're easy to tie, easy to replace, and easy to tune. You just cant go wrong with it.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gplant

Are you talking about a rope release or a loop??
Loop, sorry
Old 01-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

OkI like useing a loop.I have a tool,its like a pair of pliers to sinch the loop with.No problems.I use just the loop no nocks or anything.Cant remember whereI got the sinch tool sorry.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I serve under the arrow nock position and then tie the bottom of the loop under that serving (knot). Also when tieing in the loop, tie the loop smaller than you think it needs to be and thenget a pair of needle nose pliers and put them in the loop and open them to stretch the loop out and also tighten it down.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gplant

OkI like useing a loop.I have a tool,its like a pair of pliers to sinch the loop with.No problems.I use just the loop no nocks or anything.Cant remember whereI got the sinch tool sorry.
I just use a pair of needlenose pliers, just stick in the loop and pull open, stretching the loop and tightening the knots.

Quick Reply: Loop guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.