Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A hunter passed on today...

Old 01-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default A hunter passed on today...

I made a post a while back tell you guys about an older gentleman who i had visited with who hunted. I met him around 2 weeks ago and saw him about 7 times through those weeks. Yesterday i went to go see him and he was on a resperator and tonight i found out that he passed on. I felt sad when i was told the news but as im writing this and thinking about all the plans we had for the summer and all the fishing we were going to do i just broke down. I only knew the guy for 2 weeks but i felt a very strong bond between us. Well anyways if you want to hear the story he told me heres the thread link.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2575959
Old 01-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A hunter passed on today...

I'm sorry to hear that KansasBBD. I'm sure he felt the same way!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I remember the story, man, what a drag!!!!! Sorry to hear about your new friend! What you did was great, I commend you on that! God Bless him and you!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to here that, i have a Old fishin buddy, i fish with him every summer, and give him all my trout, I know one day ill go fishing and his old black Ford wont be in his hole. Everybody was scared of the guy because he's packin, for snakes and stuff but the story was he pulled it on somebody one time and told them that the GW said this was his hole and he could shoot anybody that crossed him....

Nicest man ive ever met, He's my best fishin buddy, and you talking about a veteren enjoying the last years of his life.... Man he;s got a lot of citation trout,

He always tells me, he hopes they find him floatin down the creek so at least he dies happy.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

You did a great thing!.....you lightened up his life a bit and you should be proud of yerslef.

Im very sorry about what happened though......
Old 01-30-2008, 09:56 PM

Take comfort in the the fact that you probably made the last two weeks of his life memorable. I am sure that hepassed ahappier person just byhaving someone to share his stories with.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nvshooter

Take comfort in the the fact that you probably made the last two weeks of his life memorable. I am sure that hepassed ahappier person just byhaving someone to share his stories with.
x2! Your a good man for what you did.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Connor,
As a nurse, I get to have a lot of interesting conversations with some old-timers. A lot of fun sometimes, and letting them reminisce sometimes makes all the difference in their night (I work nightshift). Sure, sometimes, they spin tales just like we do, but I still listen, and let them tell their stories, because it's their embodied memory, not mine, and it's their opportunity to talk about something they loved, and I'm just there to listen to them. One old-timer even had his wife copy down one of his favorite recipes and mailed it to me at the hospital. Sometimes it's not what we say, but the fact that we listened. And sometimes in that listening, you gain far more than you would have if you opened your mouth. I know I have many times. (Note: This also works when dealing with an angry wife!!!!! )
Old 01-31-2008, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's a shame. I'm sorry to hear that. At least you had the opportunity to meet him and share some great stories that lit up his day.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are no guarantees how long we will be here and the fact that you made friends with someone who the Lord had plans for made both your and his life better. What you did is very commendable as too many times the old timers are ignored or avoided. I hope you find another friend, but keep this one close to your heart always.

God Bless,

Quick Reply: A hunter passed on today...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.