Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Rage post, thinking out loud.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Another Rage post, thinking out loud.

I used the Rage 2 blade head this year, for the better part of the year. I used it to take my only deer for the year, a doe. Quartering away, 35yds, passthrough, a little farther back than I wanted. I saw that deer take off like a rocket, spraying blood EVERYWHERE, and get tangled up in a fence, then it disappeared. My initial respone, figuring it was a liver hit, was to back out and wait.

I walked up and picked up my arrow, absolutely drenched in blood, great bright colored blood. I said, well, why don't we see how the bloodtrail looks. It was literally 3ft wide, so we just kept going, and towards the end, I was actually finding chunks of lung. She made it 200 yds, and with the shot I took out the stomach, liver, back of one lung and centerpunched the other. Tell me what other broadhead would do this?

I was like most people, second guessing alot of things about these heads, but they shot great and they preformed like no other. For me, it's going to take an arrow grenade for me to switch broadheads. For me, after tracking my deer, seeing firsthand what it has done to other deer, and reading on here, there's no way I will switch. Next year, however, I will put orthadonist bands, to ensure they stay closed. I haven't read of anyone that has shot a deer with them, and didn't like them. With these heads, when my shots hit the deer in the vitals, I don't have to second guess the broadhead doing it's job, I like that. Where they really come through, is marginal shots.

Just a ramble, Kudos to Rage.

Post some Rage pictures if you guys want to, it's me nice to have a thread with a BUNCH of damage pictures for proof.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:41 PM

Default RE: Another Rage post, thinking out loud.

I wish they were legal here... [:@]
Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Tell me what other broadhead would do this?
Striker Magnum?

For me, it's going to take an arrow grenade for me to switch broadheads. For me, after tracking my deer, seeing firsthand what it has done to other deer, and reading on here, there's no way I will switch.
Thats how I feel about Strikers, my friend. Replacebale Blades, 100% steel, Cut on Contact, SCARY sharp....whats not to love[8D]

Rage makes a good product, though, they would prob be at the end of my arrow if I shot mechanicals.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Striker Magnum?

For me, it's going to take an arrow grenade for me to switch broadheads. For me, after tracking my deer, seeing firsthand what it has done to other deer, and reading on here, there's no way I will switch.
Thats how I feel about Strikers, my friend. Replacebale Blades, 100% steel, Cut on Contact, SCARY sharp....whats not to love[8D]

Rage makes a good product, though, they would prob be at the end of my arrow if I shot mechanicals.

I have yet to see any damage pictures top a Rage. Kyle, seriously they're worth a shot.

I will also, have some Slick Tricks this year. I'll be using them in Iowa (if I get drawn) or Ohio (for sure).
Old 01-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rage, awesome head....

Rocky Mountain Snypers, same head, slightly smaller cutting dia.

For me, it's going to take an arrow grenade for me to switch broadheads
Don't switch, you have no reason to switch as I have no reason to switch to Rage from Snypers. If one or the other were not made, I'd use the other. I still carry a fixed blade head in my quiver as well. Less expensive for predators or other shooting I might do.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Rage, awesome head....

Rocky Mountain Snypers, same head, slightly smaller cutting dia.

For me, it's going to take an arrow grenade for me to switch broadheads
Don't switch, you have no reason to switch as I have no reason to switch to Rage from Snypers. If one or the other were not made, I'd use the other. I still carry a fixed blade head in my quiver as well. Less expensive for predators or other shooting I might do.

Snypers don't count!

They are the same head! lol just smaller.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL[8D]

And I found this interesting, cartoonish but shows the principle, same for Rage minus the O ring.

http://www.rockymtbroadheads.com/broadhead_snyper.html $29.99

http://www.ragebroadheads.com/howItWorks.html $44.99
Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot them 2x years now, and I won't switch unless they stop making them. I've got them figured out pretty well I think now. I did manage to buy a large package of extra rocket rubber bands towards the middle of season and honestly I can't see myself shooting anything else as long as I have these extra bands for them. They work well without the bands, but that extra band truly makes these heads a better option in my opinion than anything I've ever seen. Iwish I had pics to share of the first 2 bucks I shotwith these heads, the heart pic below is from the first of them,but the entrance hole on both was a realistic 5-6" long.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

Everyone Raging about Rage heads (heh heh see what i did there?) has me thinking about looking at them for this upcoming bow season but i was wondering if anyone could tell me how they hold up to practice? I assume you guys use at least one BH for a practice head, how do they hold up to being shot into targets, pulled out and shot over and over again? just curious...Nice pics, that one of the heart is gruesome
Old 01-29-2008, 09:52 PM

I would sure hate to be shot with one of these. A hit in the arm would probably be fatal.

Quick Reply: Another Rage post, thinking out loud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.