Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another big CT. doe down

Old 01-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Another big CT. doe down

I got to my stand today at 1603 hrs.The weather was perfect;no wind and 45 degrees.At 1622 I started hearing deer coming towards my stand from directly in front of me.Within minutes I had two button bucks and two does standing in front of me.While I was trying to figure which was the biggest of the two does to shoot,I heard crashing coming from the same direction that these deer had just come from.Suddenlyin comesa big fat doe that instantly scattered the other deer that were standing around.As this was going on Iturned to see 4more deer coming in from behind me.These deer stopped in their tracksthe minute the big doe scattered off the other deer.I couldn't tell what they were,butI didn't see any decent sized bone on their noggins so they were mostly likely more does or 1 1/2 year old bucks(which I won't shoot).I then turned my attention back to the big doe that was now standing 10 yards away,facing my stand.As the doe started to turn broadside,I drew back my bow and put the green pintight behind the left shoulder and squeezed off the shot.At the shot the deer mule kicked andran off directly down hill from my stand.Seconds later I heard it crash.I got down and found a nice blood trail that started about 15 yards from the hit and maintained a decent flow right to where the deer tipped over,which was 110 yards from my stand.Upon inspecting the hit Ifound that the broadhead cut a rib onthe entrance side and clipped the shoulder plate on the exit side.I shot the deer with my Pearson Steath,(68#at 29")Iused a CX Maxima Hunter shaft tipped with a 100 grain Wasp Boss Bullet broadhead guided by 3"Trueflight shield cut feathers.Total arrow weight is 366 grains.Speed is 298 fps.The deer dressed out at 126 lbs.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Another big CT. doe down

Very nice doe congrats...
Old 01-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations, buddy!! Man, I'm envious of the fact that you're still zipping them through those whitetails this time of year!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on a nice big Doe! Well done!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice.. a little Nanny whacking is good for the soul.. Congrats!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Congratulations, buddy!! Man, I'm envious of the fact that you're still zipping them through those whitetails this time of year!
I agree Greg, way to go rutt! Nearly a Feb whitetail....that is cool or should I say, cold! LOL
Old 01-29-2008, 09:30 PM

Congrats on a big doe!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!! How Sweet it is!

Dan
Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job!

I like your bow too... Good choice!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.