Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which "LOOKS" better...Form, draw length

Old 01-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Which "LOOKS" better...Form, draw length

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Ok one thing i forgot, the element at 27.5" has bout a 1/2" D-loop, that will be taken care of with the Ally. And i know my form is not great but bare in mind i was on a 10second timer...[8D]
That's a good point Aaron.

Also, when you get the 27.5" mods for your Alli, check the specs via ATA measurements and make sure their on. Jeff makes a point on string/cable creep.

You can easily make that up by twisting the cables up.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

27.5 definatly.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're gonna hate to hear this, but I'm thinking you look long on the 27 1/2" dl, too... Maybe it's just the camera angle, but it almost looks like you're anchoring in "thin air" even in that pic. Maybe you're anchoring against your hair back there and I can't tell. I'd still like to see you anchor somewhere more up against your jawbone than the side of your head behind your ear if that's the case.

It also looks like your cocking your head back to get behind the string to see through your peep... Stand in front of a mirror and work on standing exactly straight up and down with your weight centered on both shoulders and your head centered on your neck. If I drewa line from your belly button up, I think you'd see that your neck is almost all behind it. Sometimes that's a function of too long a draw, and sometimes it's just a bad habit people fall into. I know I have to conciously feel like I'm leaning forward to actually stand up straight when I'm at full draw; I'm spending more and more time in front of a mirror myself practicing, because I have a tendency to lean back. My draw length doesn't change, just the angle of my upper body... but once I get to where standing straight up and down "feels" right, I know I'll have a more solid base.

So... in a nutshell, I'm not ready to declare your draw length too long merely from you leaning slightly back, though it very well could be indicative of that. I do think the fact that you're anchoring way back behind your ear and not against bone is pretty revealing -- especially with as straight a bow arm as you're exhibiting.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ill try that Greg, it will be a great use for my "shrine"lol. I was using a kisser on the element and just kinda touched my nose to the string on the ally... My arms cant be This short!![&:]
Old 01-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

My arms cant be This short!![&:]
Yeah they are you stubby armed freak

It's amazing how me and you are close to the same height and I shoot a 28.5" [&:]

Definately get a new set of strings and cables. I noticed quiet a bit of serving seperation on the top cam. I just didn't say anything or forgot to at the time.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

The problem is the form not the draw length,you don't fix form with a draw length change,it might/can help but doesn't fix it.You have the exact same problems with both draw lengths.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

The problem is the form not the draw length,you don't fix form with a draw length change,it might/can help but doesn't fix it.You have the exact same problems with both draw lengths.
I agree. I think the front shoulder is too "bunched up". It looks like the left shoulder is too high, like you're shrugging with the left side only. You need to get that bow arm extended a little and lower the front shoulder. If you do this the 27.5" might be the right fit.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I agree. I think the front shoulder is too "bunched up". It looks like the left shoulder is too high, like you're shrugging with the left side only. You need to get that bow arm extended a little and lower the front shoulder. If you do this the 27.5" might be the right fit.
It MIGHT even be too short but I am not ready to declare that,check out these pics of a fellow board memebr that I have been attempting to help in pm's.He did give me permission to post them.

Too long?

Too short?

How about this?

Would you believe they are all the same draw length with different shoulder load,arm angle and anchors?

They are the exact same draw length.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

To me the shorter one looks better and you look more relaxed.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

so how do i fix the bunched up shoulder?

Quick Reply: Which "LOOKS" better...Form, draw length

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.