Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot some of the new bows and ordered one.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot some of the new bows and ordered one.

Jeff-Thanks! The Kool Aid I drank before ordering the Octane accessories tasted great.

twildasin-Don't feel that way. If I was a little shorter, I'd would have had a hard time not picking the General.

MO-Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:42 PM

great write up! i pretty much had the exact experiences and findings as you did. i tested all those, plus a drenalin and a truth over 2 weekends at a couple different shops. after the first weekend, when i shot the hoyts, the drenalin, the guardian, general and 101st, i was about 90% sure i was going to buy a dxt...it just felt and shot really sweet. then last weekend i tested a few more, still looking pretty slyly at that dxt. then i pulled the 82nd off the rack, shot it,and........it was all over!

that dxt is still on the rack.

im loving my 82nd, but there just isnt enough daylight after i get home from work to satisfy me! if i hurry home i can get about 10 - 20 arrows in before its too dark.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:04 PM

I am thinking about the same exact combo... dang i like the looks of the octane accessories and of course the 82nd
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I myself am waiting on my Airborne 82 only it will be in APG-HD. I have my sight already. Also waiting on a few of the Octane accessories. My Limb Driver in matching APG-HD should be here this week.

I like the MO Brush! That'll be one Sweet rig

Dan
Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: =Jagermeister=
im loving my 82nd, but there just isnt enough daylight after i get home from work to satisfy me! if i hurry home i can get about 10 - 20 arrows in before its too dark.
Gotta rig up some lights man!!

Dan
Old 01-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Nice writeup and congrats on the new bow. Sounds like you did your homework, shot the bows you were interested in and made your choice on what you personally liked.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks again guys. Anytime I am in the market for a new one, I try to some research to find out what I may be interested in. This board helps out a lot in that area. Then I go shoot every bow I think may interest me, hopefully to make the most educated decision I can. I have said this before and the bows I shot proved it to me, we should all be happy with the great bows we have to choose from. It is a great time to be in to archery.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Brett/IL

Jeff-Thanks! The Kool Aid I drank before ordering the Octane accessories tasted great.

twildasin-Don't feel that way. If I was a little shorter, I'd would have had a hard time not picking the General.

MO-Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
I am just poking fun. I shot all the Bowtechs and GOSH I just could not get away from the General I wanted to keep shooting it! I hope you enjoy your new boy as much as I will!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tim, the General is a great bow. I look forward to shooting with you. I might have to put the 82nd and pick up the General when I shoot with you.

Brett, great bow. Enjoy. So your really not picking her up til the Octane line comes in?

Old 01-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a sweet set up. Definitely post up some pics of everything set up. I want to see those Octane accessories andsee a write up on them.

That's cool that you get to trade in your old bow. I've got to find a shop that will let me do that.

Quick Reply: Shot some of the new bows and ordered one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.