Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The perils of being a bow dummy

Old 01-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The perils of being a bow dummy

How To thread now posted for those who are interested. I apologize in advance for the unclear explanations and hard to see pictures, this is my 1st attempt at an instructional thread.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Where's Greg/MO when we need him?
Not on this one... because...

Well since you went against myadvice and bought the Whammy anyway........you're on your own. [8D]
[8D][8D]LOL

-- and for that person who says Jeff only follows the "in-crowd" around... I know of about six people's advice he went against here on this one.

Let us know how she shoots for you buddy.
Amen Greg, I'll have to screen my calls. [8D]
Old 01-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Dominant Buck

For all of you do-gooders.......(dammit[8D])....I've got the horizontal set. I've got the vertical set.

So....I'm attaching the cord. Are you guys familiar with how this rest works? You're mentioning the down cable....and the directions say use the up cable (travel dir.). You all do know that the cord is taut when the bow is not drawn, right? It goes slack when you're at full draw (unlike most fall aways).

Now.....are we all on the same page......cause if we are....we're ALL lost!

I'm gonna go read the other thread!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

For all of you do-gooders.......(dammit[8D])....I've got the horizontal set. I've got the vertical set.

So....I'm attaching the cord. Are you guys familiar with how this rest works? You're mentioning the down cable....and the directions say use the up cable (travel dir.). You all do know that the cord is taut when the bow is not drawn, right? It goes slack when you're at full draw (unlike most fall aways).

Now.....are we all on the same page......cause if we are....we're ALL lost!

I'm gonna go read the other thread!
Jeff, you will need to use the up moving cable for the whammy rest. The thread I posted is meant to be used on conventional dropaways. The whammy works opposite of this as you mentioned. Spot-hogg has a very good instructional video on their website on how to install the whammy rest.