Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The perils of being a bow dummy

Old 01-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The perils of being a bow dummy

Jeff, thats why I haven't pulled the trigger yet on ordering a Limb Driver for my Marquis. I really need to see one in person and put my hands on it. if I can't find one locally by Sat. I'm gonna bite the bullet and go on faith and trust.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Somebody should do an instructional thread w/ pics on how to properly tie the dropaway cord into the downward moving cable.

I just used the clamp but I'd rather have the cord tied in. I'm assuming you just do a series of overhand knots on opposite sides of the string, similar to tying in a peep. But I've never actually done it.

Where's Greg/MO when we need him? Or Washington Hunter?
Give me a little while and I'll give this instructional thread a try.. I'll redo the drop away cord on my kobalt just for the heck of it and for the benefit of others.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks jeremy. Can't wait to see it!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where's Greg/MO when we need him?
Not on this one... because...

Well since you went against myadvice and bought the Whammy anyway........you're on your own. [8D]
[8D][8D]LOL

-- and for that person who says Jeff only follows the "in-crowd" around... I know of about six people's advice he went against here on this one.

Let us know how she shoots for you buddy.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I know Greg....."Rebel" comes to mind.

I just didn't know anyone who'd given this rest a fair shake....and I wanted to see for myself. I'm only going to use it for target season.....then I'll go back to my QAD for hunting season.

I'll let you know what I find out, tonight. I AM a "little" mechanically inclined.

AND.....To all that withstood my questions on rest recommendations.....thanks. I DO appreciate your advice, always.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Where's Greg/MO when we need him?
Not on this one... because...

Well since you went against myadvice and bought the Whammy anyway........you're on your own. [8D]
[8D][8D]LOL

-- and for that person who says Jeff only follows the "in-crowd" around... I know of about six people's advice he went against here on this one.

Let us know how she shoots for you buddy.
Whammy is a cool rest, but being I am LH, I am not worthy to own one
Old 01-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff,I know you can figure out how to put a rest on right??? Are you in construction or are you a project manager? If it's the latter than I understand.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm actually glad you did, Jeff... for purely personal gain.

I'm like anyone else, and love hearing about new gadgets... I look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

(For those wondering about the apparent contradiction there... I never said "not" to get anything else, just that I knew the Limbdriver would be more than adequate as that's what about everyone I know on staff has on their Bowtechs...)
Old 01-29-2008, 03:56 PM

Jeff, if you have the clamp, dude....it's really very simple. Attach the clamp to your down pulling buss cable, below where the cables cross each other. Install your rest, set for centershot and level, all that good stuff. Then run the cable through the clamp and tighten.

Draw the bow. Did the rest come up at the right time? Did it come up all the way? If it didn't come up all the way, let 'er down, and tighten the cord. Repeat. If it came up too early, you'll know, it will feel like you're pulling against something.....Let 'er down, and allow some slack in the cord. Repeat.

Now, if you don't want to use the clamp, that requires a little more work, and a bow press. It's still not difficult, but the clamp is quicker and easier, and possible w/out a press.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:16 PM

Mobow is exactly right. If you want to tie it in you will need a bow press. You just tie it in to your down cable. Mine is tied in by splitting the two different colors of the cable, then placing the whammy string through the middle of the cable. Then i tied a small knot and added a burn ball on the end so the knot wont pull through. You may also want to serve both sides of where the rest rope goes into the cable so it wont slide. After that put the rest on and get the center shot and all of that good stuff then put the rope through the metal trigger part of the rest and then tighten it down with an allen wrench. Some people like to tighten the allen then fold over the access string a serve the two ends together. Thats your choice. I hope this makes sense. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Quick Reply: The perils of being a bow dummy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.