Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What pros need practice??

Old 01-29-2008, 11:10 AM

Default What pros need practice??

I was watching a few videos the other night and I came to the conclusion that some of these "pros" are really terrible shots. Some guys I have not heard of, but even the Drury's did not hit the mark at close range like I thought they might. Some guys missed completely, others hit em in the spine, and some hit way far back. Even Wadell made a few questionable hits. Stan Potts is a good shot most of the time as is bill jordan andT-Bone.I know i have made some poor shots, but then again, i don't do this for a living, I can't practice as much as i like. I know these guys have busy schedules, but they have to be better than that. What do you guys think? Who makes you cringe when they shoot on the videos??
Old 01-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What pros need practice??

I'll just say.....

Sometimes our arrow goes right where our pin was.......but when it gets there the animal has moved. I've seen this happen.

The shots aren't the thing that makes me cringe when I watch hunting shows. Most often....it's the shot selection. I'm sure we get fooled by the camera angle, some.....but sometimes we see all too well.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:23 AM

By no means am I the gretest shot.... I just was curious to know if anyone else thinks that some of these guys could use a little more practice, especially Rick White from Primetime Bucks...
Old 01-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

I have noticed this with some of the videos that I have, I mean I am not the best shot but come on, I seen one dude gut shot one, and another guy take two shots at one deer and miss them both.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Rick White
YES!

He IS the guy I was trying to think of. YES......I have an issue with his ability to shoot a bow.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'll just say.....

Sometimes our arrow goes right where our pin was.......but when it gets there the animal has moved. I've seen this happen.

The shots aren't the thing that makes me cringe when I watch hunting shows. Most often....it's the shot selection. I'm sure we get fooled by the camera angle, some.....but sometimes we see all too well.
What was the name of the guy who missed those 2 deer in the same stand?

David Blanton has a lot of on camera misses.

3rd one down from the top. Troy Ruiz, Montana Hunt. It's funny

http://www.primos.com/video_clips_detail.aspx?Type=0&Category=100
Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Why do some of you guys even watch hunting shows anymore? It's clear you don't like them.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:44 PM

Kid, didn't say I didn't like them, just stating that some of them guys need to practice too.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its more a midwestern name, but Hunter's Specialties employs some terrible shots. Among other things, I watched a demo for luminoc from them, showing a ton of bad shots. Butt, neck, spine, guts, brisket, the whole nine yards. The worst part was, the vid was in cabela's, being shown as a demo at the time in the store. Not sure who's bright idea that was.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bill Jordan one of the good shots? Never noticed that ? LOL
Stan and Brad Farris for the most part are money..........although Brad did miss a couple on the latest vid

My #1 Cringer is Eddie Salter of HS. "Gut Shot Eddie" we've taken to calling him.
[:-]
Steve Stoltz is hot on his heels though, and that one guy from the Drury's , his last name is Frank? YIKES

Quick Reply: What pros need practice??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.