Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What pros need practice??

Old 01-29-2008, 02:56 PM

Default RE: What pros need practice??

Ever watch the Realtree videos where they do the indoor pop-up 3D shoot? A lot of the big names attended; Waddel, both Lakosky's, Ralph and Vicky, the Blantons, Travis "T-Bone" Turner, Bill Jordan, etc...

Man, after watching that shoot its a wonder some of them even manage to hit their game animals.I guess shooting foam is a lot different than the real thing... [&:]
Old 01-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Ever watch the Realtree videos where they do the indoor pop-up 3D shoot? A lot of the big names attended; Waddel, both Lakosky's, Ralph and Vicky, the Blantons, Travis "T-Bone" Turner, Bill Jordan, etc...

Man, after watching that shoot its a wonder some of them even manage to hit their game animals.I guess shooting foam is a lot different than the real thing... [&:]
Yep, watched it the other night. Most of the folks didn't impress me with there shooting at all. Bill Jordan I thought was one of the worst and I thought Tiffany shot pretty darn good and was one of the better ones. Who's the big guy? Is that T-bone? Who ever the big guy is I thought his shooting was awesome, target and deer. In reference to what you said Wash allot of people can hit targets, when it comes to animals they loose it!!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

By no means am I the gretest shot.... I just was curious to know if anyone else thinks that some of these guys could use a little more practice, especially Rick White from Primetime Bucks...
poor rick....i think i know which one you are reffering to...he was perty shook up though...that may have done it.......i mean i get perty pumped when i get a chance to shoot at a deer...i can hit the bull 95% of the time at 60...but when i shot at a deer this year at 60..complete miss...not to say i don't practice or even practice in the areas i hunt...just sometimes it happends....
Old 01-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stan Potts gets my vote for most consistant on game, that is where it counts isn't it?Tred Barta is actuallya great shot as well, especially with traditional equipment. However, his shotselection leaves a LOT to be desired.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Yep, watched it the other night. Most of the folks didn't impress me with there shooting at all. Bill Jordan I thought was one of the worst and I thought Tiffany shot pretty darn good and was one of the better ones. Who's the big guy? Is that T-bone? Who ever the big guy is I thought his shooting was awesome, target and deer. In reference to what you said Wash allot of people can hit targets, when it comes to animals they loose it!!
Big guy was T-Bone, yup. He's a staffer for Hoyt, so he's paid to shoot well. He's a killer shot on game, too.

Waddel, I thought did pretty well. As did Tiffany and Vicki.

Lee and Bill were big disapointments, I think they both had multiple "aways."

I thought it was a riot watching them shoot these targets though. 10 seconds to draw, anchor, and shoot before that target started descending and the next one started to rise.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:13 PM

T-Bone is a great shot, yeh, I mean targets and deer are way two different things!!!!!! Heck, I shoot at deer way better than targets somehow!!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

sometimes i really wonder if some of these guys practice regularly at all....

yes, its bowhunting. bad shots are going to happen to even the best of the best...

but watching some of these guys shoot really makes me wonder. i know they lead busy lives and arent just hunting for a living...got alot more than that goin on behind the scenes..plus family etc...

i love watching some of them try to muscle back their bow, obviously way over their weight...

and loveee watching the obviously bad hits and they are pumped saying he "just went down!!" its a morning hunt and they are there with floodlights for the recovery and a stiff animal, be remember "he just went down!!"

but theres some guys that are really honest and admit it wasnt the ideal hit and they will be back later to track and recover the animal...

i dont watch the shows enough to know many names...

early in, i'll agree ole Tred can stack arrows with that longbow...if he wouldnt force shots he would have an awesome kill ratio im sure...heck, almost rare to see that guy connect...
Old 01-29-2008, 05:19 PM

Tred can stack arrows at 15 yards, which he claims in every episode that he will absolutely not take a shot over on this hunt.

And then winds up taking 30+ yard shots. [:'(]

The best shot I've seen him take was on his bull moose at point blank range.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

T-Bone is a great shot, yeh, I mean targets and deer are way two different things!!!!!! Heck, I shoot at deer way better than targets somehow!!
I do as well! I'm not saying I'm bad at practicing but 95% of the time I hit with in an inch with my recurve when picking my spot shooting instinctively at animals. I think I concentrate allot harder when an animal is in front of me compared to practicing.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:23 PM

Yeh Schultz, I think I try too hard with the target thing. I think about it way too much. In real life situations it's different, I pick up the bow, I know what I want to hit and do it.

Quick Reply: What pros need practice??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.