Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethics are Ethics Right?

Old 01-29-2008, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Ethics are Ethics Right?

Did ya ever ask a question that ya know the answer too? Well anyway....

I ran into this old acquantince yesterday. A friend? Well sure I'd call him that, even though we never hung out or anything. We once worked together and always talked hunting. He has a kennel and raises some of the best rabbit dogs around.
He says man, wish I had your number, me and my buddy went out yesterday and couldn't find anyone else to go with us. You wanna go with us sometime? Hey, I enjoy chasing the bunnies especially behind a good set of dogs. I said sure and gave him my number. He goes on to say we got 16 rabbits yesterday. I said 16? He said yep. I said the limits 4 per hunter. He said I know, but they were everywhere. RED FLAG!

Are ethics, ethics ? or are there Deer ethics and Rabbit ethics? Like I said I know my answer, but when he calls do I decline? Go and abide by the guidelines the State has set-forth? Go and urge that everyone abides by the guidelines? What would YOU do?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:54 AM

Default RE: Ethics are Ethics Right?

Again, decisions made by your local game dept. and if we want to keep hunting without even more stipulations, people need to obey these laws. No matter how far fetched or undesirable they are.

Rabbit and potatoes and gravy is a good meal............
Old 01-29-2008, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Go and abide by the guidelines the State has set-forth? Go and urge that everyone abides by the guidelines? What would YOU do?
you already have the answer...................
Old 01-29-2008, 06:04 AM
Dominant Buck

"Me"?.....lol

I'd tell him the same thing I tell everyone.

"If you don't wanna get turned in.....you'd best keep your mouth shut about game infractions around me."

I know guys who used to catch a limit of trout.....go home...clean 'em....and go back. No difference in my book.....and just as brazen. Same thing with doves.

What bother me most, I guess......is the attitude that some think they are above the law....or that game laws shouldn't apply to them.

Why?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:29 AM

I wouldn't go,and if he ask why tell him.

[/align]
Old 01-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, I don't think I'd go with him either, and I might remind him there is a bag limit for a reason. I've never been accused of holding back what I think or feel, anyway. I don't think I'd run to the game warden and rat him out, that's not really my desire, but I'd "remind him," that's for sure.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys like this give the anti-hunters all the fuel they need. Me, I will never do anything that the anti's any ammunition they can use for their cause. It is always best to take the high road.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd go in a heart beat, I would drive my truck and if by chance things happened that I don't want to do I'd tell them why and I'd go home.

I'm not the watcher of the worlds rules,how many of you guy's friends cheat on their wives? Do you rat them out. Are you on your cell phone when some one speeds past you on the highway? Ever seen anyone smoke a joint? []

Lighten up Barney ,put the bullet back in your pocket...............
Old 01-29-2008, 06:42 AM

I wouldn't either, and I also wouldn't turn him in. But I would be honest with him and tell him why your not going. (ethics) You have them , he doesn't. And I'll just bet thats why he couldn't find but 1 other person to go with him yesterday....just guessing...
Old 01-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would go. I would make it crystal clear why the rules are in place for everyone to follow-no exceptions. If they cannot abide by the rules, they're not friends. They're theives! I would drop a dime.

If you teach, they will learn...

Quick Reply: Ethics are Ethics Right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.