Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethics are Ethics Right?

Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ethics are Ethics Right?

Red flag for me to GR8, not my kind of crowd.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Red flag for me to GR8, not my kind of crowd.

x2
Old 01-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I won't be guilty of is assumed consent. I let 'em know where I stand.
Understood andI agree with that. I think most everyone on here woulddo the same thing.I'd just be careful telling anyone "I will turn you in if"......... I am all for letting them know you don't hunt that way and will not participate. May not be a threat, but it sounds threatening......
Old 01-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

I say laws are laws for a reason and it is unethical to take more then you are supposed to. I mean would you take more deer then you have tags for. I know that there are a lot of people out there that poach. If you need that many rabbits to feed your family you should quit for the weekend and come back next weekend. But it sounds like he did it just for fun and not to feed his family.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:27 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I don't break game laws. I don't hunt with people who intentionallybreak game laws. There is a setlimit for a reason.

You know they shoot over their limit even if you don't. You know theybrag topeople about it. Do you really want people thinking you are the same asthemsince you hunt with them.

Tim
Old 01-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I had a similar conversation with a co-worker/friend. I wanted to find a new deer hunting area and he said he hunts on a 120 acre farm. Sees deer all the time. I was all for it until he continued the conversation. "I see so many deer it is crazy. One time I just shot and knew I had to hit something. There was no way I could miss." He went on to say he was taking 300m mover shots and even shooting at night. Claimed the farmer had no problems with it as the deer were nuisances on his land. I just walked away and never brought it up again. He asked about it later and I just said I was busy. It is a shame and really sucks that some of us work really hard to get where we are and what we have by following the rules and regs....and then there are these guys....
Old 01-29-2008, 02:48 PM

I don't consider that ethics at all. Ethics are doing something questionable or not but still within the guidlines of the law. That is poaching, not unethical.

Whether it would bother me or not is a different story. For me it would depend on if he owns the land and how much damage the bunnies were doing. I used to shoot them out of season just because we were being over run with them.

I would probably go with them, but I would abide by the limit posted in the regulations. I don't think you would get in trouble if the other guys were over their limits. I think only the people holding more game than they were allowed would get cited.

If it was state land or someone elses property it might bother me a bit.

Paul
Old 01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Ethics" have nothing to do with it if they broke the law. Ethics are personal....law applies equally to everyone. I would not go. I think we all know some aquantances that do relatively petty things like that. That doesnt mean you have to be a part of it....or threaten them.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

it is not a ethics issue but a law
Old 01-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

A simple "No thanks, I really enjoy my hunting priviledges and wouldn't want to take a chance of losing them for a year, two, or life. Have fun." You've told them how you feel and they have something to think about.