Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethics are Ethics Right?

Old 01-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ethics are Ethics Right?

I'm not the watcher of the worlds rules,how many of you guy's friends cheat on their wives?
None that I know of.....or we wouldn't be friends.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:00 AM

I'm selective ofwho I call friend and selective of who I hunt with. I've hunted with some once and only once.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

"Me"?.....lol

I'd tell him the same thing I tell everyone.

"If you don't wanna get turned in.....you'd best keep your mouth shut about game infractions around me."

While I can appreciate your stance, I am not sure that's the best way to handle it. If what they were doing bothered me that much I'd just decline the offer and be done with it.

Running off at the mouth like that and indeed acting on it by turning them in is a good way to cause a lot of problems for yourself.............especially if it's a "friend". Telling them your stancein one thing..............threatening them is anotherimo.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not the watcher of the worlds rules,how many of you guy's friends cheat on their wives?
Off topic sure but it's my thread and very interesting..lol GMMAT suppose you don't know the wife, on a personal level.

I mean I got golf buddies that I know cheat on thier wives. I don't know the wives, maybe I met them but not really friends. You cut ties??

I know you're gonna say they probably cheat in golf too..not on my watch! [8D]
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Amen and Halleluja!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Running off at the mouth like that and indeed acting on it by turning them in is a good way to cause a lot of problems for yourself.............especially if it's a "friend". Telling them your stancein one thing..............threatening them is anotherimo.
Your opinion, GUS. I never threatened anyone. I gave them a choice. They can keep it to themselves and nothing harmed. What I won't be guilty of is assumed consent. I let 'em know where I stand.

Yeah, GR8....I don't differentiate whenI don't know her. My choice.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Off topic sure but it's my thread and very interesting..lol GMMAT suppose you don't know the wife, on a personal level.

I mean I got golf buddies that I know cheat on thier wives. I don't know the wives, maybe I met them but not really friends. You cut ties??
Yep
Old 01-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would go and But make it clear as nice as possible that I plan on quitting as soon as WE get our limit. And Not go if he rebuttled, he is only an acquantince, so if you got in an argument your not loosing a friend.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:40 AM

Limit of 4 and he has no problem taking 16,...Mr Java and I would have a problem with..

Lord, it sounds like he is shooting everything on the piece he hunts. Won't be anything left.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you go, tell them your ethics apply to those you hunt with. If they go over the limit leave.
Handled gently it may be an opportunity to teach them some ethical matters.

Quick Reply: Ethics are Ethics Right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.