Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hind sight question

Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Spike

Default hind sight question

i have problems shootin with peep sights, mainly the worry of a twisted peep, the slowing effect of the peer etc... I've tried shootin without one, my accuracy decreased alot, i'm thinkin about a hind sight, has anyone used one of these, i know miranda does,.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 PM

Default RE: hind sight question

I've heard mostly good feedback on them. The only thing that has ever concerned me about them just how durable it is. I've never heard of a problem with it, but if you're hard on equipment you may want to take that into consideration. The hindsight is another thing to break, knock out of alignment, etc. But in truth, you can probably be a whole lot more accurate with the peep. The longer the distance your sight and rear aiming apparatus (hindsight, peep, etc.) are from each other the more accurate you will probably be.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

TTT

The peep costs me 10-15 minutes of shooting light each sunset/rise. However, most of the hindsight feedback that I have heard indicates they are not as accurate. I would ditch my peep if I was confident in an equally accurate alternative.

I wish Leupold (or whoever) madean adjustablemult-reticle bow sight/scope...
Old 01-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

I'm very rough with my bows and the hind sight hasn't moved on me yet. I do have marks on it just in case. I have the one with the thicker metal plate.

I've heard from spot and 3D shooters that it's not as exact as a small peep. All I know is that it works great for me.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Twisted peep? MY peep attaches with a rubber hose of sorts to it, which lines it up straight every time. Replace it seasonal so it doesn't snap in 2 when you draw on a deer afer a few years....also you can use a peep nock liner upper, not sure of the term sorry, but it goe son your bow string, and when you place the nock on the string it lines up the string. I say use the rubber cord/hose. Try different peep sizes too.