Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone own a...

Old 01-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone own a...

... 2007 Hoyt Vulcan?? Went out last night and shot one and then made a down payment on it, I liked it smooth fast reasonablly quiet. Anyone have any Bugs with them or not like them Just let me know cause I want to know if i should change and spend 100 more bucks for the 07 vectrix?

Ryan.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone own a...

Well I should rephrase this, Has anyone shot one and what did You think of it??

Ryan.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:00 PM

No, I don't own one, but I've shot them. Super bows. Smooth, quite fast and dead quiet. But I don't need to tell you that, you've already shot it.

Great bow, and like all Hoyt's it's built with durability in mind. Solid choice.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:10 PM

A good friend of mine shoots one; I love it. As Mobow mentioned, its very smooth, reasonably fast, and extremely quiet. If I were to seriously consider a Hoyt, I would definitely pick up the Vulcan. I nearly bought one myself last year after shooting his.

Only thing I dislike, and its the only reason I don't own a Hoyt, is the weight. They're heavy -- to me. I'm a skinny guy though, so...
Old 01-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter
Only thing I dislike, and its the only reason I don't own a Hoyt, is the weight. They're heavy -- to me. I'm a skinny guy though, so...
[&:].3 lbs, Dan, you said it yourself!

It's okay, come to the good side, the weather is great, the eatin is good, the shooting is the best

Old 01-28-2008, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

It's okay, come to the good side, the weather is great, the eatin is good, the shooting is the best

Actually, full set up it was almost a two pound difference between my Allegiance and his Vulcan.

I can't switch. Its that whole stucker problem we talked about last night.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, full set up it was almost a two pound difference between my Allegiance and his Vulcan.

Ah, lisa franks da,da,da. "stucker"

Old 01-28-2008, 06:31 PM

Ah, lisa franks da,da,da. "stucker"
[:@]

For that, I'll never own a Hoyt.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Vulcan is a great bow. I just set up and sold one tonight. Pay no mind to the low brace height, you won't see an accuracy increase/decrease between the Vulcan and the Vectrix. Atleast I didn't. If I were to buy a Hoyt this year (which I'm not) I would get the Katera. Which is the same bow as the Vulcan, just with the z3 cam and a better set of strings and cables. IMO the Vulcan should have been the flagship bow last year, around here, the Vulcan was preferred more over the Vectrix. Alot of people over on AT, like them alot as well. Great bow.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the Imput, maxed out at 70lbs +some change obviously im not sure what its exactly set for but its rated 60-70 and its turned down the whole way What type of a beman Team realtree arrow should i pick up the 300 or the 400, i'll be using a 100 grain tip... Any Imput would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.