Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone own a...

Old 01-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone own a...

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Thanks for the Imput, maxed out at 70lbs +some change obviously im not sure what its exactly set for but its rated 60-70 and its turned down the whole way What type of a beman Team realtree arrow should i pick up the 300 or the 400, i'll be using a 100 grain tip... Any Imput would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan.
I honestly would go a different route than Beman. Not a knock against them, but I like Gold-Tip, Victory, and CarbonExpress alot better. They are all top notch arrows. In a Gold-Tip you would need a 5575, a Victory you'd need a 400, and in Carbon Express you would need a 250. If you insist on Beman though, depending on arrow length, I'd say you'll be closer to a 500.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only thingI did not like was the noticable plop into the valley my Dad's had, other than that, it was a great bow. Dead accurate even with the short BH.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Thanks for the Imput, maxed out at 70lbs +some change obviously im not sure what its exactly set for but its rated 60-70 and its turned down the whole way What type of a beman Team realtree arrow should i pick up the 300 or the 400, i'll be using a 100 grain tip... Any Imput would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan.
I honestly would go a different route than Beman. Not a knock against them, but I like Gold-Tip, Victory, and CarbonExpress alot better. They are all top notch arrows. In a Gold-Tip you would need a 5575, a Victory you'd need a 400, and in Carbon Express you would need a 250. If you insist on Beman though, depending on arrow length, I'd say you'll be closer to a 500.
Well...
Dont leave me hanging what makes those arrows superior to bemans?? I'd just like to have some facts to back up your opinion.

Thanks
Ryan.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Ryan.
Well...
Dont leave me hanging what makes those arrows superior to bemans?? I'd just like to have some facts to back up your opinion.

Thanks
Ryan.
Just my personal preference.

For me, the Bemans are a little on the heavy side for me. Not to mention you can get tighter tolerences on the companies I listed above. I just think, for the money you can get a better shaft. If you want Bemans though, get Bemans.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

We'll im open to change for sure, I'd just like to know some better arrows that would be cost compareable, my parents are going through a divorce right now and I dont really have much money laying around after my bow purchase.

thanks,
Ryan.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

We'll im open to change for sure, I'd just like to know some better arrows that would be cost compareable, my parents are going through a divorce right now and I dont really have much money laying around after my bow purchase.

thanks,
Ryan.
How much are you looking to spend on arrows?

Oh and I know where you're comming from on the divorce thing, I've been through 2 of them myself.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well my mom just told my dad today and I wasnt supposted to hear it. Im looking to spend like 80-90 dollars for a dozen.. Idealy.

Ryan.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well my mom just told my dad today and I wasnt supposted to hear it. Im looking to spend like 80-90 dollars for a dozen.. Idealy.

Ryan.
How long of an arrow do you shoot?

If you shoot a fairly short arrow, I would go with the GoldTip XT Hunters. If you shoot a short arrow, you can cut equally off both ends. The way GoldTip makes their arrows, is they sort them. With the ProoHunters they select only the best for a dozen, the rest get used for the XT's and Expeditions.So in short, all of their arrows are made the same, only sorted differently.Tough arrows too.