Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coming Soon to YOUR State

Old 01-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Coming Soon to YOUR State

Charlie.....ever see how your steak gets to your plate?
You trying to tell me the guy paying someone to shoot their breeder buck that's past his prime is doing it for the meat? Seriously your not right?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WVSPORTSMAN

I'M ALL FOR BANNING HIGH FENCED HUNTING. I READ AN ARTICLE ON DEER RANCHES, IT LOOKED AT DISEASE RATES AMONG DEER IN CAPTIVITY. IT WAS ALARMING HOW HIGH THE RATE OF CWD WAS. THAT MAY NOT SOUND TOO BAD, BUT JUST LOOK AT THE NUMBERS REPORTED ON DEER GETTING OUT INTO THE WILD. IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY. WV IS TRYING TO MAKE FENCES HIGHER TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENNING. BUT JUST THINK, ONE STORM AND A TREE HERE AND THERE FALLING AND GUESS WHAT...CWD IN YOUR LOCAL DEER HERDS. CWD CAN GO ON FOR YEARS IN YOUR LOCAL WOODS BEFORE ANYONE NOTICES IT. THE ONLY WAY I WOULD ALLOW HIGH FFENCED HUNTING IS TO SEE: 1. NO LEGAL SELLS OF LIVE ANIMALS ACROSS STATED LINES,2. TESTING OF EVERY SINGLE DEER FOR DISEASE, IF FOUND THE RANCHER SHOULD BE CLOSED. WHY CLOSED YOU MIGHT ASK... SOME STUDIES ON CWD HAVE SHOWED IT IS MORE DANGEROUS ONCE IT IS IN CLAY. MAKING IT EASIER TO CATCH.
WV ....do you have proof of this? I'm not arguing, but I am curious as to your source .....
Old 01-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

If its interpreted to mean confined within pen, caged, or staked so that it cannot escape I am for that. A few years ago Indiana got rid of the same. I am not for banning high fenced hunting as long as the animal can escape as in many many acres.

Doesn't matter much to me, Colorado is one of the best managed states when it comes to game animals. The Colorado DOW pretty well knows they are doing.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Maybe I'm not reading that right but if I am.....I am all for it.
Coug ... which one is it ... this post, or your last?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Who's the offended party?
any hunter that's doesn't want a guarentee and has some self respect.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Coug ... which one is it ... this post, or your last?
After rereading it carefully, it really doesn't matter to me. Partially because it involves Colorado and I doubt there are many if any high fenced operations in Colorado. Personally I'd like to see it stay that way.. .....no high fence.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Maybe I'm not reading that right but if I am.....I am all for it.
Same here, we're trying to stamp out that cancer in our state right now. It isn't about antis, although they support it too, it's about common decency and ethically taking game. If the animal has a fair chance that's hunting, tying one to a fence and blasting it from a few yards as happened in the infamous Bellar case here is definitely not. I cannot and never will support that kind of "sport", it's repulsive , reprehensible, and reflects badly on the rest of us.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I would say; this is where it all starts…

But it started a long time ago, and this is just the next progressive step… I wonder what the next one will be?

There's an Army base near me called Fort AP Hill. It has around 87,000 acres and has a hunting program. But since it is fenced...
Old 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think there are a couple of reasons why this is a bad law.

1) It said no hunting in ANY fenced enclosure....for those of you who hunt on cattle farms, are you willing to give up hunting in those areas because those are definitely fenced.

2) Who is the authority that decides that an area is considered "fenced"?

Those two reasons above are very important.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Hard to have a discussion.....when everything you say is taken out of context.

Peace.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon to YOUR State

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.