Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coming Soon to YOUR State

Old 01-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coming Soon to YOUR State

I don't like it, I wouldn't hunt at one ever. I just don't think it is right for the Government to intervene here. This is America and weather we like the idea of hunting fence's or not, It is there land and they pay taxes for it why should they be told they can't use it for said buisness.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Someone wants to fence in a large property it's not my buisness, I don't like it, wouldn't hunt it, never pay to hunt it but it's their land.

I do have a problem with what was going on where Jimmy houston shot his show where animals were being drugged. I really have a problem with people shooting tame animals or shooting when thay are literally in a cage.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Another case of the Govt. sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

Who's the offended party?
Old 01-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

GMMAT, You ever seen video of someone shooting an animal in a cage or a drugged animal or one that staked. People on here talk about disrespecting a deer if you kill it quickly with a shot they don't agree with. This to me is disrespecting an animal and it's wrong.

The worst thing is that there are enough people willing to do it, to keep these places in buisness.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Charlie.....ever see how your steak gets to your plate?

They are animals......put here on God's earth to feed us. While I'd like to see every one that's killed......killed in a humane and ethical manner......

What's different (in the eyes of the pinheads making the rules) in killing one OUTSIDE that fence? You kill it the same way (hunted in or outside a fence line), ........don't you?
Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 AM

I'M ALL FOR BANNING HIGH FENCED HUNTING. I READ AN ARTICLE ON DEER RANCHES, IT LOOKED AT DISEASE RATES AMONG DEER IN CAPTIVITY. IT WAS ALARMING HOW HIGH THE RATE OF CWD WAS. THAT MAY NOT SOUND TOO BAD, BUT JUST LOOK AT THE NUMBERS REPORTED ON DEER GETTING OUT INTO THE WILD. IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY. WV IS TRYING TO MAKE FENCES HIGHER TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENNING. BUT JUST THINK, ONE STORM AND A TREE HERE AND THERE FALLING AND GUESS WHAT...CWD IN YOUR LOCAL DEER HERDS. CWD CAN GO ON FOR YEARS IN YOUR LOCAL WOODS BEFORE ANYONE NOTICES IT. THE ONLY WAY I WOULD ALLOW HIGH FFENCED HUNTING IS TO SEE: 1. NO LEGAL SELLS OF LIVE ANIMALS ACROSS STATED LINES,2. TESTING OF EVERY SINGLE DEER FOR DISEASE, IF FOUND THE RANCHER SHOULD BE CLOSED. WHY CLOSED YOU MIGHT ASK... SOME STUDIES ON CWD HAVE SHOWED IT IS MORE DANGEROUS ONCE IT IS IN CLAY. MAKING IT EASIER TO CATCH.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

They are animals......put here on God's earth to feed us. While I'd like to see every one that's killed......killed in a humane and ethical manner
I don't think someone shooting a tiger while it's in a 4x8 cage or someone shooting an animal that has to be propped up has anything to do with hunting.

You kill it the same way (hunted in or outside a fence line), ........don't you?
see above and you tell me.

Obviosly you didn't read what I said or it didn't sink in.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow this is a tough one. I need to do a little thinking about this one, touchy subject indeed.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Didn't realize over 20 states already have rules against canned hunting.

To clarify, I am talking about places that buy animals from zoo's release them in a small enclosure so some jerk can get a trophy, if anyone can tell me that's hunting then we are doomed.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Didn't realize over 20 states already have rules against canned hunting.

To clarify, I am talking about places that buy animals from zoo's release them in a small enclosure so some jerk can get a trophy, if anyone can tell me that's hunting then we are doomed.
Agreed!

Quick Reply: Coming Soon to YOUR State

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.