Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite GTO

Old 01-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Elite GTO

Lots of dedicated fans on their talk forum. Most order their bows w/o as much as holding one first.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

At #62 and 28.5"

the GTO at the shop shot a 360gr arrow, 310fps.

At #70 and 28.5"

The GTO at the shop shot 336 I believe.

If I remember correctly, Rob clocked his 82nd at 62# and 28.5" at 309 with a 381 grain arrow. That is interesting. Perhaps the Airbornes are more efficient at lower draw lengths. That means a lot to me since I have a 27.5-28" DL depending on the bow.

I love the looks of the Elite bows. They remind me of a Porsche.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Matt... We get it bud.

You like the bow.

Dan, that's not the point.

Not to be argumentative, but yes... It is.

Its fantastic that you think so highly of this bow.

My point is, no matter how much you say this bow is great, fantastic, smooth, whatever, thats all your opinion.

You're working too hard to change people's minds. Just give an unbiased review for a change. I think you've got a lot of good information in you, you just need to work on how you give it to us.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

OrIGINAL: Matt/TN

Guarenteed smoother than any other "speed" bow on the market.

Compared to the other 350 ibo bows, I believe it's smoother.
No, no, you guaranteed it smoother. [8D] How's that foot taste? [8D]

Rob I've shot the one you're referring too. I'm being completely honest, the GTO was nicer. Everyone else that was around shooting them side by side, agreed. So technically, can you have a fair opinion about both bows if you haven't shot it?
Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Missed it before the edit...

No, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, Matt. Our Elite dealer is on the opposite side of town from me and only recently got them in. The weather has been hell the last few days. Pouring rain and then 15" of snow in places over night. Haven't chanced the drive out there yet.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rob I've shot the one you're referring too. I'm being completely honest, the GTO was nicer. Everyone else that was around shooting them side by side, agreed. So technically, can you have a fair opinion about both bows if you haven't shot it?
What are you saying Matt? I'm not making assumptions or making quarantees or even assessments on the topic. Until I shoot a GTO I wouldn't dare say one is smoother than the other but after I shoot it I promise you this, I would never QUARANTEE one is smoother than the other either. One cannot guarantee and opinion!
Old 01-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just give an unbiased review for a change.
How am I biased towards it? I don't shoot the bow personally. I work with them alot. Along with Hoyt, PSE, etc.

How about I just not give any input what so ever when it comes to bows. Even though, I might just have an idea as to what I'm talking about. It's not going to matter how it's presented Dan, my input is valued about as much as a 2yr old. You would think, where I happen to get to shoot MOST bows on the market today, I would get taken more seriously. Obviously not. I'm just going to start agreeing with everyone that shoots Bowtechs.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

What are you saying Matt? I'm not making assumptions or making quarantees or even assessments on the topic. Until I shoot a GTO I wouldn't dare say one is smoother than the other but after I shoot it I promise you this, I would never QUARANTEE one is smoother than the other either. One cannot guarantee and opinion!
Understood Rob. I see your point.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Missed it before the edit...

No, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, Matt. Our Elite dealer is on the opposite side of town from me and only recently got them in. The weather has been hell the last few days. Pouring rain and then 15" of snow in places over night. Haven't chanced the drive out there yet.
Try it when you get a chance bud. That weather sounds like pure fun.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:14 PM

Just give an unbiased review for a change.
How am I biased towards it? I don't shoot the bow personally. I work with them alot. Along with Hoyt, PSE, etc.

How about I just not give any input what so ever when it comes to bows. Even though, I might just have an idea as to what I'm talking about. It's not going to matter how it's presented Dan, my input is valued about as much as a 2yr old. You would think, where I happen to get to shoot MOST bows on the market today, I would get taken more seriously. Obviously not. I'm just going to start agreeing with everyone that shoots Bowtechs.
Matt, its not that you don't know what you're talking about.

More like its your bedside manner, so to speak.

You do have a lot of exposure to a lot of the bows on the market today, which is awesome. It definitely gives you a wide range of information to base your feedback off of.

My problem with the way you give us the information you've got is how strongly you attempt to change people's minds if they disagree with the information you've given. You think the bow is smooth, Joe Blow thinks its a little harsh. You reply saying that there's no way that its as harsh as X, no way.

Maybe you're just trying too hard to make your input seem valid, I don't know. I already said I think you've got a lot of good information to be had.

Quick Reply: Elite GTO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.