Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting until you are 75...thoughts

Old 01-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowhunting until you are 75...thoughts

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

ORIGINAL: Germ

My Grandfather is 79, he still bowhunts with me. He has a Xbow with Accudraw. I got him eletric screw driver to crank it back for him.
So Yes you can hunt until 75. Frank Scott an employee of Fred Bear hunted well into his 80'
I miss Frank, He was one of the good guys.

My neighbor will be 73 this year and still shoots over a 60 pound compound, says he cant wait to getpulled for an Iowa tag again.
I went an heard him speak in 2001 if I recall. He died few months later. Best archery speech I have been to.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

So far, I have been blessed with good healthand can't imagine not bowhunting.

HoweverI am currently recuperiating from a wrist injury that prevents me from drawing a bow, and it has made me realize how much we take for granted relative to health and its correlation with bowhunting.

My goal is to either live to 100 or die trying.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

God willing I intend on bowhunting from now to my grave regardless of what age that is.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jackflap
My goal is to either live to 100 or die trying.
I went to see my Grand Dad not long ago, who is now 90. We always joke around and have a good time. I said to him: "Boy you are getting Old" He replied yeah but it beats the Alternative

Dan
Old 01-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations JimW! My goal is to be hopefully healthy enough that when I am retired and have significantly more free time that I can fill that time with the things that I enjoy the most.Bowhunting definitely being one of those things!
I want to wring all I can out of this life!
Old 01-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I started bowhunting in 1993 I said I will bowhunt until I can't pull a bow back. Now, I'm 61 years and I still pull 65 lbs. like I did in 1993. So maybe I will be able to keep on keeping on. However, the reality is that at some point there will be a change in my ability. So, I'm going to maximize my opportunities to hunt as much as I can.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang Jim W, good work! I really believe if I set a goal that my health will be better as I age...have to stay in good shape to get out there a good long way in those woods!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on Bow Hunting as long as I can hold up...then I'm getting a Doctors slip and getting me a Crossbow and go on for another 20 years! Heck if I have to I'll just tag along with my Daughters and future grandkids and watch them hunt!

Any one see the Jim Shokey Hunting show the other day when Jim took his Dad hunting and he shoot at the Moose and missed,he either handed him his gun or reloaded his muzzeloader again and the second time he shot he dropped the Moose!When they went to check it out his Dad had shot a chunk out of one of the Antlers! [&:]His Dad had to be in his late 70's or 80's?