Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I discovered a problem with my 82nd Airborne today

Old 01-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I discovered a problem with my 82nd Airborne today

I like the farthest pin idea. I set my pins on 8yd increments because that level of variation keeps me safest for a yardage guestimate error vs. 10yd variations. But the farthest pin idea is pretty appealing as well. Something to ponder.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:34 AM

I thought 3D had speed limitations (among others)..............it doesn't?
Old 01-26-2008, 03:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Some do.....some don't.

Greg....It's an issue for even my ally to set those pin gaps. I tried to do it the other day. Can't be done with my sight/bow (Ally) like Matt describes. Not enough pin gap.

When I set up the 82nd....I was asking Rob how far I'd be able to shoot on one pin. @ 325fps......it's gonna be interesting. @ 30yds....I won't have to aim out of the 10 ring, at all. Right now....(Ally) I'm going to shoot a 3D tomorrow with targets to 40 yds. I have a 20, 30, 35, and 40 set. That's probably how I'll set up the 82nd....................if I can stack thos last 3 that tight
Old 01-26-2008, 05:37 AM

I dont have one but The way it sounds, with the pins that close you might be running into problems with the pins covering up to much target where you cant "aim at a hair".
Old 01-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just got back in from setting up my '08 Guardian, too... and played some more with the 82nd. I canhold the 22-yard pin dead on at 32 yards and still be in the 10 ring on myMorrell Bionic Buck.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

Go with an HHA single pin and you wont have those problems, haha. Some guys arent comfortable with the single pin but I love it. Think about tryin it. WCL
I agree. I put the new optimizer lite 5000 on my General. Once shot in that yardagedial is awsome and very accurate!
Old 01-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Greg my Ally is shootin sweet right now.....hate to see her go, kind of. I shot my tournament today with targets to 30yds....and I never thought about the 30 yd pin. No need to. Most all of the targets were in the 24-30 yd range.....and I just picked different spots in the 10 ring to aim. I never once aimed outside it (above). Worked out good with all low 12's.

I can't wait to set up the 82nd, next week. I'm gonna have to get the GT kit to add weight to my arrows, though.....or I won't be able to shoot anything but these local club shoots with it. It's just too quick with the arrows I have, now.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

Go with an HHA single pin and you wont have those problems, haha. Some guys arent comfortable with the single pin but I love it. Think about tryin it. WCL
Would work Great for hunting, but I don't think that's what Greg is setting up for

Dan
Actually with the new HHA sight it is great for 3D, but i guess if your compairing surelock or other sights then he wouldnt want it I guess. I'm talkin the one with the dial that can be set to every yard now. All you do is use the set up tape at 20 yards and get your mark, then shoot at 40,50, or 60 yads and get your mark. Do the conversion with the formula they give you and put the correct yardage tape on it. They are dead on acurate and can be dialed up to any yardage. Maybe this isnt something most like but I cant consentrate on multi pins and being able to dial it up I love it for shooting 3ds and hunting. WCL
Old 01-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I imagine Greg is setting up to shoot fixed pin class and moveable sight is not allowed. That's my Guess!!

I Love my HHA sights!

They will be on the Website anyday

Dan
Old 01-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I imagine Greg is setting up to shoot fixed pin class and moveable sight is not allowed. That's my Guess!!

I Love my HHA sights!

They will be on the Website anyday

Dan

Ahh gotchya.

Quick Reply: I discovered a problem with my 82nd Airborne today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.