Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Self Video hunt, this is good

Old 01-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Self Video hunt, this is good

WKP Todd
You need to hire this kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIex3aWCnZ0

Old 01-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Self Video hunt, this is good

As a professional camera operator my opinion is that it's not any better than broadcast hunting videos that are on now.
I don't want to bust on the kid but there's problems with it like alot of other videos that are shown.
Give him some more experience but he's definitely not ready for primetime yet.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

PM

Not the point, trying to film yourself and kill a deer is extremely hard, plus he does it on public ground. I like how he snug right up to the junk yard. I bet a lot of "good hunters" over looked that spot.

I am looking at what he did, and how hard it was to do.

Could you do it? I doubt I could
Old 01-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That guy is good and that'sa nice buck he got too. I about jumped out of my seat when he hit that grunt tube tho, wow!!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice DIY footage. I would imagine that is incredibly hard to do, but he pulled it off pretty well and got a nice buck doing it to boot.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

He saw the same buck 3 days and I am assuming in a row on public ground,he definately did his homework.

The video work may not have been "professional" but what he did was EXTEMELY hard and he has the tools to persue this as a career,he is only 18 if I understand correctly.(didn't read all the responses)
Old 01-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah,no offense PM, but I'd rather watch that kid all day than the "professional"garbage that you see on OLN and the Outdoor Channel. This guy's got no endorsements, no target-rich environment, no plugs for the ranch that he's hunting, no army of support staff following him around and carrying all his gear, and most obviously - a true knowledge of what he's doing out there.He justgets it done - on his terms. He doesn't give a damn whether the viewer is entertained or not. He's doing his thing for his own reasons. I dig that. Big time.

IMO, when a hunting video goes from being"amateur" to "professional" - it saps the life right out of it like a leech.

Maybe it's just me, but I love amateur hunting videos. The Huntley Way, Ralph & Vicki, Lee & Tiffany, Bucks of Tecomate, Beretta World, Winchester Legends, et. al. . . they lose my interest in about 3 seconds. Maybe I just can't relate to the way they get things done. Maybe I don't feel the "authenticity" after the final cut. I dunno... All I know is, in my opinion, the more hands that get into creating a hunting video or show - the worse it gets.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

RESPECT----that kid kicked butt.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Yeah,no offense PM, but I'd rather watch that kid all day than the "professional"garbage that you see on OLN and the Outdoor Channel. This guy's got no endorsements, no target-rich environment, no plugs for the ranch that he's hunting, no army of support staff following him around and carrying all his gear, and most obviously - a true knowledge of what he's doing out there.He justgets it done - on his terms. He doesn't give a damn whether the viewer is entertained or not. He's doing his thing for his own reasons. I dig that. Big time.

IMO, when a hunting video goes from being"amateur" to "professional" - it saps the life right out of it like a leech.

Maybe it's just me, but I love amateur hunting videos. The Huntley Way, Ralph & Vicki, Lee & Tiffany, Bucks of Tecomate, Beretta World, Winchester Legends, et. al. . . they lose my interest in about 3 seconds. Maybe I just can't relate to the way they get things done. Maybe I don't feel the "authenticity" after the final cut. I dunno... All I know is, in my opinion, the more hands that get into creating a hunting video or show - the worse it gets.
For ONCE,I agree with quick.[]

But I do like watching Waddeland then there is Tiffany.[:-]
Old 01-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Typical Buck

Thats not a bad job, real nice buck.

Quick Reply: Self Video hunt, this is good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.