Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Self Video hunt, this is good

Old 01-26-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Self Video hunt, this is good

Cool kid who gets a major Atta Boy!! Funny twang out of his bow on the shot. He was even alert enough to film the recovery. Lots of flaws over all the film but I have underwear as old as that kid and I couldn't do it.

I'm taking bets that his honey hole is gonna have so many tree stands in it next season that they are gonna look like fruit in the trees.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Site Buck Guru

I thought that the hunting and the filming was very good.

I know nothing about filming, but I thought he did good at finding the deer quickly with the camera and did not go zoom crazy. It didn't hurt my eyes to watch. Did he use some kind of camera stabilization device or software?
Old 01-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg..It looked just like a Pine Ridge Camera Arm. A sponsor of this site and great folks!

And they work as well and as smooth as advertised. I own one!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Site Buck Guru

Is it the camera then??

How did he instantly find the deer, zoom precisely, etc........ all from the side of it at an arms length away?[:-]
Old 01-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Most modern cameras you can turn the view screen out. I have to guess this is how he did it
Old 01-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes with the view screen out and the camera arm, it's a pretty nice set-up.

The Camera arm has a "Handle" and easily swings and moves in any direction (with hinged elbows) and pans and tilts with the camera mounting device (all included) The zoom, of course is camera operation.

Working the camera is easy. Working the camera, watching the deer, keeping movement to a minimum and preparing for the shot al whilest making sure it's framed nicely. Is the challenge. I tried it this year on several occasions. It's tough..Not to mentioning lugging all that equipment in and up...etc etc.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

The camera arm was actually a hunter cam cradle if i'm not mistaken.................the video is pretty good and I give the kid props but i think there are alot of guys doing the same thing just as well if not better..........Don't get me wrong ,for his age and experience level he did an awesome job.........but in the grand scheme of hunting clips I would say it was good but not great, and I self video alot of my own hunts so I know how tough it can be to make everything come together.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being he is stillin his teens, and only doing this a few years,I think he has done a great job especially doing it by himself.The young man hasgot a knack for this, I give him all the credit in the world and he will only get better. He usues a Hunter Cam cradle for his stand mount, and a Gorrila mount for the above stand mount.Jadon actually may be hunting a few of my properties to get in a few last video attempts for the season this week. If not,hes going to be stopping by our booth at the Eastern Outdoor Show,withhis father. Nice young man and I wish him all the luck in the world, who knows what doors may open for him.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:55 AM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Yeah,no offense PM, but I'd rather watch that kid all day than the "professional"garbage that you see on OLN and the Outdoor Channel. This guy's got no endorsements, no target-rich environment, no plugs for the ranch that he's hunting, no army of support staff following him around and carrying all his gear, and most obviously - a true knowledge of what he's doing out there.He justgets it done - on his terms. He doesn't give a damn whether the viewer is entertained or not. He's doing his thing for his own reasons. I dig that. Big time.

IMO, when a hunting video goes from being"amateur" to "professional" - it saps the life right out of it like a leech.

Maybe it's just me, but I love amateur hunting videos. The Huntley Way, Ralph & Vicki, Lee & Tiffany, Bucks of Tecomate, Beretta World, Winchester Legends, et. al. . . they lose my interest in about 3 seconds. Maybe I just can't relate to the way they get things done. Maybe I don't feel the "authenticity" after the final cut. I dunno... All I know is, in my opinion, the more hands that get into creating a hunting video or show - the worse it gets.
For ONCE,I agree with quick.[]

But I do like watching Waddeland then there is Tiffany.[:-]

Yeah, I don't know about PM but I think me and you TFOX are on the same page... Tiffany is FREAKIN" HOT. I gotta give it up to the kid, that was a nice video. I don't care what the "professional" critics have to say!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I give the kid a ton of credit... good for him! Dandy buck too!

Quick Reply: Self Video hunt, this is good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.