Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Outfitter's are great, I only hunt with them.
0.98%
I can't stand outfitters.
12.75%
Outfitting is perfectly acceptable, but I don't use them.
50.98%
Outfitting costs way too much money for me
11.76%
I can't afford to use an outfitter so my hunting is limited.
2.94%
There should be a set limit on the amount of ground outfitted.
12.75%
Ive lost good hunting ground to outfitters
4.90%
I own an outfitter: My land, my rights, too bad.
2.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

What is your view on Outfitters?

Old 01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What is your view on Outfitters?

I really don't think anyone can truely answer this question without having lost ground to these pimps. How many of you that are singing the praises of these hunting whores have lost a piece of property that you have hunted for years to outfitters? Many of you see them as a great tool in the sport of hunting, I see them as the downfall of this great sport. To those of you who are outfitters, I do not view you as a hunter, I do not view you as a sportsman,youare thegreedy bastard child of the sport of hunting. Shame, and worst wishes toyour business.[:@]
Old 01-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

Southern Illinois. Wayne, White, Edwards, Wabash. They are everwhere down here.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

Southern Illinois. Wayne, White, Edwards, Wabash. They are everwhere down here.
You got that right! White county here

Dan
Old 01-27-2008, 08:46 PM

To those of you who are outfitters, I do not view you as a hunter, you are a greedy bastard child of the sport of hunting. Shame, and worst wishes to you and your business.[:@]

Old 01-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TerryM

This poll is definitely biased in structure. I have used outfitters in a few cases mostly because you either had to by law ( caribou ) or with limited time it makes sense to have established stands and accomodations waiting for you in a new area . Some are crooks and some are legitimate people earning a living. I will use them again as there is no way I can realistically "pre scout" a Western state prior to a hunt. I don't use them in my home province when hunting deer, moose and bear but don't mind contributing to a local economy when doing road trip hunts.

How is it biased?
Old 01-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: OH moster buck

I can't stand outfitters. Just because they go and get all the prime land... and piss off alot of people. because they can no longer hunt there any more with out paying all the money.
Code:
 in time it's goin to be the only way that you can hunt. unless you own your land

Thats what I worry about.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:30 PM

I really don't think anyone can truely answer this question without having lost ground to these pimps. How many of you that are singing the praises of these hunting whores have lost a piece of property that you have hunted for years to outfitters? Many of you see them as a great tool in the sport of hunting, I see them as the downfall of this great sport. To those of you who are outfitters, I do not view you as a hunter, I do not view you as a sportsman,youare thegreedy bastard child of the sport of hunting. Shame, and worst wishes toyour business.[:@]

When you say you lost land to them...........do you mean they took land that you owned?
Old 01-28-2008, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: englum_06

ORIGINAL: OH moster buck

I can't stand outfitters. Just because they go and get all the prime land... and piss off alot of people. because they can no longer hunt there any more with out paying all the money.
Code:
 in time it's goin to be the only way that you can hunt. unless you own your land

Thats what I worry about.
Add me to that list, because I think in the future, many of the states are going to end up like Texas, don't have a couple grand to pay for a lease, don't have a very good place to hunt. Sad, but very likely and true unfortunately.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

Splitear Leland, Perhaps if there were not any outfitters, and the landowners leased the ground all out to YOU, or your Friends, then would you be exempt from the same crap your talking?, or then will the landowner become a bastard Child of the hunting world? "Complete insanity"
Old 01-28-2008, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Best solution I can see is for one outfitter to have exclusive rights to a county with a limit on the maximum amount of acreage. The landowners who miss out on leasing it to an outfitter can always lease to a hunter.

Quick Reply: What is your view on Outfitters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.