Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-25-2008, 11:15 AM

Default RE: Selling my General in favor of Allegiance.

Are you looking for more speed or less hand shock? Give the General a chance and you will not even notice the weight after using it for awhile.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-25-2008, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

nv, thats what I was thinking.

I have the Fast Mods on my General now, its plenty fast, not much shock at all. I was really just looking to a lighter bow, thats it. The Allegiance is faster, but thats not what I am after.

I came from a very light bow and I am used to being able to keep a steady pin at 40yards+ for a 30second hold(I practiced that). With the General, my arm would fall off if I tried that. Then Id have to buy a crossbow !!
lol

I hear you on that one, weight is one of the reasons that I am not a proud owner of a general. I have shot the Allegiance and it is one of the nicest bows that i have shot. You will not go wrong with it, it is lighter, has a decent draw andI love the very solid back wall it has. What was your previous bow?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Going the other direction, here.

I'll end up shooting my new 82nd for 3D until deer season rolls around. Then....I'll hunt with it. I'm letting my Allegiance go, this weekend....and the next bow I buy will be strictly for hunting....and I plan on buying a General.

30 seconds hold for a 40 yd shot? Doesn't match the situations I hunt under. Non issue. I've held at full draw for longer than that.....but it's not the norm. Usually less than 10.

That's why they make all kinds!
Old 01-25-2008, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Diamond Rapture.

I went with an entry level bow for my first bow. This year I really wanted to up my gear. I originally was going to purchase the Allegiance. I even had the tech at my shop setting it up, then I stopped him and said, give me the General.

I just think I will be able to hold tighter groups with the Ally, so if I DO switch, thats where I am going.

Heard alot of good things about the Hoyt Katera, but I like Bowtech.
I just read in another post that the Katera weighs in at 4.7 lbs. If you have a boat you could pitch it overboard and drop out your fishing line. lol

I am switching over to a Diamond Black Ice, light and smooth. My next bow will probably be an allegiance or one of the Airbornes.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:11 PM

THERE SEEMS TO BE SEVERAL BOWS ON THE MARKET FOR 08 IN THE HIGH END, LOW WEIGHT. THESE ARE UNDER 4LBS
ELITE GTO, MATHEWS DXT, BLACK ICE,MARTIN PRO FIRE CAT X. ALL HAVE STRING STOPS ON THEM EXCEPT THE BI. THE MARTIN AND ELITE ARE SUPPOSED TO SHOOT IN THE 340 AND UP RANGE IBO. AND ACTUALLY HAVE GOOD BRACE HEIGHTS. I HAVE CALLED AROUND AND MY LOCAL SHOPS ARE GETTING THE ELITE IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS AND MARTINS SHIP IN MARCH, TO MY DEALER. SOME OF THE NEW BOWS OVER 4 BLS ARE: MARQUIS 4.4LBS, GENERAL 4.5 LBS, 82ND 4.2 LBS, HOYT KATERA 4.5.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: WVSPORTSMAN

THERE SEEMS TO BE SEVERAL BOWS ON THE MARKET FOR 08 IN THE HIGH END, LOW WEIGHT. THESE ARE UNDER 4LBS
ELITE GTO, MATHEWS DXT, BLACK ICE,MARTIN PRO FIRE CAT X. ALL HAVE STRING STOPS ON THEM EXCEPT THE BI. THE MARTIN AND ELITE ARE SUPPOSED TO SHOOT IN THE 340 AND UP RANGE IBO. AND ACTUALLY HAVE GOOD BRACE HEIGHTS. I HAVE CALLED AROUND AND MY LOCAL SHOPS ARE GETTING THE ELITE IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS AND MARTINS SHIP IN MARCH, TO MY DEALER. SOME OF THE NEW BOWS OVER 4 BLS ARE: MARQUIS 4.4LBS, GENERAL 4.5 LBS, 82ND 4.2 LBS, HOYT KATERA 4.5.
Your CAPS lock is stuck on

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.