Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

She's so photogenic! (another 82nd thread).

Old 01-25-2008, 01:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: She's so photogenic! (another 82nd thread).

That is a top looking Bow and set-up Rob , i can only wish i get one myself .

Really like the Limb driver , are they easy to set-up ?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Rob...

Great looking rig. Mine should be here on Monday.....maybe tomorrow. I'll get it set up next week. Everything will be the same as yours except my Doinker is silver. I may go with the Whammy rest......but I'm still not sure. I'll decide, today.

28.5' @ 62#'s is right where I'll be. 327gr. arrow .....I'm guessing 325fps.(+/-).

Incredible.

Congrats!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are great looking bows, with one caveat.

After seeing them in person. I'm not a fan of the stringsuppressor. I'm sure it works and all but it "looks" cheap and fragile (cheesy).

Old 01-25-2008, 06:24 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

They are great looking bows, with one caveat.

After seeing them in person. I'm not a fan of the stringsuppressor. I'm sure it works and all but it "looks" cheap and fragile (cheesy).
It does work and it works great. i guess im just the opposite, cuz i thought it looked better in person.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:29 AM

So have you kicked you wife out of bed and started sleeping with her yet Rob? LOL Very nice bow buddy. Im jealous, your making want a new bow more and more every day. Im afraid to go shoot them for fear I will want on even more. LOL.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

You always did like black accessories if I recall...............looks sharp.
Thanks everyone, thanks atlasman, and good recall. I always accessorize my bows with black. Black matches all bows as far as I'm concerned. I started doing this when I was turning over Hoyts every year. They were changing camo patterns every year and last years accessories wouldn't match and I'd have to put out money for new accessories. Black accessories can be moved from bow to bow and look great.

M. Hensler,
Yup, like MeanV and Greg mentioned, they are stock Bowtech strings, just great strings that look custom. The green loop just sets them off. I do make my own strings, I just made a string for my Ally and I have to make cables too so I can change them out. I noticed my 70 lb Ally is now 66 lbs due to string/cable creep. The ATA is out of spec too so as soon as I have the 82nd exactly where I want her, I'm disassembling the Ally. I may have MeanV dip my cams. Not sure thou, I may be sending the Ally on her way as soon as she's tweaked back into performance.

Gosh, that's a lot of speed from a 62 lb. bow. I'm running a 61 lb. bow at 29" - and getting only middle 260's with the same weight arrow.
I was unfamiler with the 82nd and 101 bows until recently reading an article and at first i thought their IBO numbers must be a misprint haha. over 300 fps with a hunting arrow at a little over 60 lbs is pretty impressive stuff!
I know, My Ally needs to be cranked into 70lbs to spit that same arrow out at 305 (381gr) and at 62 lbs the 82nd is spitting that speed same arrow and speed at 62lbs. WOW.

I was wondering if you have noticed any ill effects from cranking out that much speed (noise, hand shock, etc)? Either way it sounds like an impressive shooter and pretty sharp looking too, good luck with it.
No, no ill effects at all and to be honest, I think it quieted her down a touch. The arrow is still over 5 grains per pound, she's smokin hot, quiet and I was actually pleasantly surprised with the lack of handshock. I'd rank her right up there with the General and Guardian as the 3 top bows I've ever shot for lack of handshock and noise.

Why not the Hostage rest?
I have the Hostage on the Marquis. Impressed with that set up. This is the first I'm trying the Limbdriver. I put one on my General and now on the 82nd. So far I'm very, very impressed with it. No contact also allows me to get as creative and big as I want to get with fletching. I put a hard helical on my Blazers and even with the Hostage I may have contact. A drop away secures that I won't, plus, I want to tinker...

Really like the Limb driver , are they easy to set-up ?
Very easy, quite surprised how easy. The rest is installed in the up position, (unlike some other drop aways where you have to force them up to center etc..) you center align it, level it and add the cable to the top limb adjust the tension if needed and she's ready to further tune. Check out the video series on the homepage http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/limbDriver.asp

Jeff, good luck bud. I hope your bow makes it in. That's risky, bowless on Sunday, what if the delivery date you were told was wrong? LOL I'm sure it'll be alright.

Question, why silver Doinker?

GR8,

I find the string suppressor adequate. It's a simple concept and worst case, take her off and add a MeanV or other suppressor. I'd be curious to shoot her without it just to see, I may tinker some more.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

So have you kicked you wife out of bed and started sleeping with her yet Rob? LOL Very nice bow buddy. Im jealous, your making want a new bow more and more every day. Im afraid to go shoot them for fear I will want on even more. LOL.
Amen to that, if your not ready to buy, don't shoot it. You have been warned! [8D]
Old 01-25-2008, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sexy!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Rob...

Great looking rig. Mine should be here on Monday.....maybe tomorrow. I'll get it set up next week. Everything will be the same as yours except my Doinker is silver. I may go with the Whammy rest......but I'm still not sure. I'll decide, today.

28.5' @ 62#'s is right where I'll be. 327gr. arrow .....I'm guessing 325fps.(+/-).

Incredible.

Congrats!
I think you are REALLY going to like the 82nd. I finally got to shoot one earlier in the week and it was nice.

If I were you, I would go with the Limbdriver, and not the Whammy. The Limbdriver is SOOO simple to set up, and it's just a good rest overall. It'll be on my hunting bows until something better comes out.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rob that's great

Quick Reply: She's so photogenic! (another 82nd thread).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.