Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Press investement

Old 01-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Press investement

Sorry... I was putting my oldest boy to bed. Already got the nine-month-old as snug as a bug... (Yep, Momma's getting a night out on the town with a girlfriend catching a chick flic! Makeup time for four straight months of hunting including over 70 stand sits.)

Stand price is somewhere around $535 or so if memory serves me correct, and -- yes, there's not a bow this press can't handle, including all our new ones.

Don, I've been super swamped... let me go check out your thread.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:53 PM

Sweet deal, Greg.

Thats really not a bad price, as I was planning on spending between $500 and $700 on a good quality press. I know the electronic one we used at work was just...awesome. The basic model would work fine for me though.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:55 PM

I'm growing tired of your excuses, Greg.......I mean, sheesh.....Working the bow show, working your full time job, raising kids, givin momma a night out.....It just won't fly anymore bro.....Just won't fly....j/k of course.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah Don, and somewhere in there I've promised myself this is the year I wean myself from writing for free so much and begin pursuing my goal of selling articles to the magazines in our industry...
Old 01-24-2008, 08:12 PM

Well you letme know WHEN you get one published bro, I'm gonna grab it!! I say when because you will......I have faith....Good luck to you bud.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Yeah Don, and somewhere in there I've promised myself this is the year I wean myself from writing for free so much and begin pursuing my goal of selling articles to the magazines in our industry...
My new years resolution was to start writing again, Greg.

I haven't written much since my senior year.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey Rob, the bowmender does indeed work on the general. Back out the limb bolts until you can see the ends of the bolts in the viewing hole, pull the cables off the roller gaurd, and in 2 or 3 cranks of the ratchet, the string is limp.

It really helps to have a bowscale to get it back to the exact same poundage though.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Rob, they make special brackets for the Apple that will allow you to press those bows without damaging them.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I seenpics onAT that WWAG and another member had made there own version of the easy press with the hand crank. looks sweet.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

When I finally break down and buy a permanent press for my home shop, this will be the one:

http://www.lastchancearchery.com/EZ%201.html
Mine is on Order! Mike said he hoped to ship it next week. They made a few changes in 08 and he suggested a small wait

Dan

Quick Reply: Press investement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.