Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Carbon
78.57%
Aluminum
8.57%
Other
12.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

What Type of Arrows Do You Prefer?

Old 01-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What Type of Arrows Do You Prefer?

There is no longer anyadvantage to using an aluminum arrow for huntingimo. You can absolutely flog your carbons into targets, trees, logs, and bone and not have to do a darn thing but put on a new tip and possibly nock and fire away again.Even with abusethey'll still bebe within hunting tolerances99% of the time. I've never bent a carbon arrow. Can't say the same about aluminum. Put it this way, I've gotten ten times the life out of carbon than I did aluminum. Come to think of it, I've never had to discard a carbon for any reason over the lasteightor nine yearssince I switched over exclusively to carbon.The only time they get replaced are if they are lost when shooting or broken off in a harvested animal.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

My personal favorites are my Port Orford Cedars.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer they aluminum/carbon hybrids like the A/C/C or the Axis FMJ.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Aluminum XX75
Old 01-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

A carbon with the CORRECT spine is what I shoot now. I would like to switch to wood arrows with the Longbow this summer!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carbon is good as they are tough and available with very little work.

However. I shoot trad mostly. Some of my arrows are mad from Rivercane or tonkin cane. They are natures carbons and I believe actually tougher than carbons.

OK OK noone get excited ... I'll explain.

I can shoot inside here at work. The building is steel. I have had a couple ...lets say not so great shots at distances. Out of a bow (I no longer own BTW) I've had two break on me hitting the steel wall. One broke in half andthe other shattered in front. With a bow with a higher draw wieght (70 in stead of 50) I missed a couple times with my cane arrows and hit the steel wall.They are fine and shootable still. So I believe they are more durable than carbons.

Of course they take a ton more work to get right to begin with. and I'mshooting them out of a trad bow ...

Old 01-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Goldtip all the way man they're not that expensive and they are some of the most durable arrows ive ever had
Old 01-24-2008, 04:21 PM

its like anything else you have its all about choice thats why this is "AMERICA"!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:51 PM

I've had aluminums bend shooting into hay bales and I've had carbons explode on me...

I like my FMJs.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll tell you honestly, these: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...amp;id=0004537 are about as good as I've found for hunting, general shooting, or whatever, and they're pretty much mid-to-light as far as weight goes. The spec's match a Beman ICS Hunter almost identically, except these are $15-20/dozen cheaper. Plus, if you call a Cabela's retail store and order them there, they will cut and square them free. Another $10-20 saving over a LOT of pro shops. I've shot everything under the sun over the past few years, and these are what I've liked the best, even over the GT's and CE Maxima's and Carbon Force Radial Weaves. Not as light as some, but as durable as any!!!

Quick Reply: What Type of Arrows Do You Prefer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.