Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form flaws and whatnot...

Old 01-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Form flaws and whatnot...

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Don't change a thing unless a qualified coach tells you to.
x2

You might TRY different things with equipment,loop lengths and little things of that nature,just to see how it works for you but as far as form goes,you look good,not as good as the other picture though.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Eat something.
Hah!

I eat like a horse, I just don't gain weight. Damn my fast metabolism...

I don't think I've gained 10 pounds in the last five years. [&:]
I am going on about 12,since I quit smoking.I gained about 10 then in 96 and Ihave been the same weight since.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trust me, you'll appreciate that metabolism 20 years from now.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

the only thing that i really see is maybe just rotating your bow hand out a tiny bit more. Depends on how much thumb/hand you have in the grip. I cant really go just by looking, its more of a feel thing for me.

JN, Mine comes back a tiny bit farther, because I didnt have my let off set where I wanted it. It also looks like you may turn your head slightly more than I do.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Trust me, you'll appreciate that metabolism 20 years from now.
LOL! Aint THAT the truth!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 PM

Its funny, my dad has the same metabolism I do. He's 40-something and has kept his weight between 150 and 160 for as long as I can remember, depending on the time of the year and his work schedule.

I've been between 140 and 145 since my freshman year. I run a lot, which probably doesn't help, but its good for ya!

As far as form goes... I've really been striving to perfect myself as a shooter since I purchased this bow and it seems that its really starting to show. I feel like I've got the form part down pretty good, now I need to work on my shot execution I think. I have trouble ocasionally with freezing just below the spot I want to hit, which causes me to try and force the pin up resulting in a miss. I think I really need to focus on just letting the shot happen rather than forcing it to happen.

Any and all advice is appreciated, I'm sure y'all know that.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its funny, my dad has the same metabolism I do. He's 40-something and has kept his weight between 150 and 160 for as long as I can remember, depending on the time of the year and his work schedule.

I've been between 140 and 145 since my freshman year. I run a lot, which probably doesn't help, but its good for ya!

As far as form goes... I've really been striving to perfect myself as a shooter since I purchased this bow and it seems that its really starting to show. I feel like I've got the form part down pretty good, now I need to work on my shot execution I think. I have trouble ocasionally with freezing just below the spot I want to hit, which causes me to try and force the pin up resulting in a miss. I think I really need to focus on just letting the shot happen rather than forcing it to happen.

funny, i had this same problem just a while back...as i thought about it it was like i wanted to "see" what i was going to hit instead of trying to "cover" what i wanted to hit with my pin head....when i would practice i tried to remember in the back of my mind to cover what i wanted to hit instead of try to "see" it....it helped me....good luck with that.......your college already start up there?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing I see is you need more face paint!!Didn't recognize ya.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:56 PM

My problem is with not letting the pin float. I have a tendancy to focus on the pin rather than the spot I'm wanting to hit, which in turn causes me to try and force the pin onto the target. When I do that, I generally freeze just below where I want my pin to go. [&:]

Now, when I can focus on the target, my groups shrink and I don't freeze.

As far as college... I went last quarter but had to use this quarter's tuition to fix the rear end on my truck. I'll be heading back again this spring.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

funny, i had this same problem just a while back...as i thought about it it was like i wanted to "see" what i was going to hit instead of trying to "cover" what i wanted to hit with my pin head....when i would practice i tried to remember in the back of my mind to cover what i wanted to hit instead of try to "see" it....it helped me....good luck with that.......your college already start up there?
Yep .... target panic ....cost me a real nice buck last year ....

Quick Reply: Form flaws and whatnot...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.