Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where have you been all my life? Sword Apex Micro 3rd Plane review..

Old 01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where have you been all my life? Sword Apex Micro 3rd Plane review..

Well I've shot 4 deer with one, so yes......it gets the job done. I would likely not recommend .010 pins for hunting because they aren't going to collect the light a .019 or .029 would. I'd also probably request Sword to run extended fiber in the sight for me if lights aren't legal in your area. They will do this for you if you want, and most of their resellers would too.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:45 PM

Default RE: Where have you been all my life? Sword Apex Micro 3rd Plane review..

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Maybe we better not shoot any 3D together this year. I might just have to buy a new sight. Sounds like the cats meeeoooow.
Awww come on now....you got nothin to worry about......speaking of which, there's one this weekend, but.....I'm not sure I'll have this bad boy fully sighted in yet....
Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

How will it perform as a hunting sight, in your opinion(s)?
Beautifully, I'm sure. I would set it up differently, but it would be a great hunting sight. And with the included light, it would be beautiful out of a ground blind. I'm not sure I'm gonna give up my single pin for hunting, but I might...
How would you set it up differently?

Since I doubt I'll be getting a new bow this year, I figure I may as well get dress her up differently.

[I can't use the light while hunting though [&:]]
Old 01-22-2008, 08:47 PM

Dan, for 3D I am setting the pins at 5 yard gaps.....for hunting, I would set 1 pin @ 25 yards, and another @ 35.....drop the other3 out of the way.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:52 PM

Hmm...

Its a good thing I'm not married.

With the money I spend on this stuff I'd likely be divorced by now.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

You would just have to hide receipts and lie about the cost of everything.
ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Hmm...

Its a good thing I'm not married.

With the money I spend on this stuff I'd likely be divorced by now.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sword makes some great sights. Good review.

I seriously considered them last time I was looking at sights and what it came down to was the Viper came in matching camo for my bow (dumb I know). Other than that they were equal in all other aspects.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:12 AM

Well I did my first real shooting with the Apex last evening. I've been shooting a single pin for the last 5 years, so this is taking somegetting used to....BUT, I shot very well, and am beginning to get the feel for it. I really enjoy this sight. I've also never shot .010 pins, and they are da bomb!
Old 01-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great review Dono, looks like a sweet set up you got there
Old 01-24-2008, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm no 3D guy I've never shot one single round. That being said, I have read Matts post about it and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with 5 pins that sight would be illegal for 3D... right? I imaging you could just take a pin out, but on my New Cooper John 6 pin sight I don't think it's as easy as it sounds.

Quick Reply: Where have you been all my life? Sword Apex Micro 3rd Plane review..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.