Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For Jeff and others interested in QDM CO-OP's

Old 01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default For Jeff and others interested in QDM CO-OP's

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/deeroftheday/DD_july_2007/index2.html

Tony will be speaking at my meeting. It can be done guys, great story, great read!!!!

Tony owns 22 acers
Old 01-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: For Jeff and other interested in QDM CO-OP's

Gary:

I contacted Chris Kreh (The wildlife biologist I talk to here, from our NCWRC), today. He said he'd come out and talk to us (surrounding landowners; lease holders and hunters in the area) and help us in any way he coould to set a co-op up.

I'm going to talk to the rest of the guys and see if we can't at LEAST sit down and hear what the man has to say.

I'm even going to go over and invite Mr. Poachy McPoacherson!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Gary:

I contacted Chris Kreh (The wildlife biologist I talk to here, from our NCWRC), today. He said he'd come out and talk to us (surrounding landowners; lease holders and hunters in the area) and help us in any way he coould to set a co-op up.

I'm going to talk to the rest of the guys and see if we can't at LEAST sit down and hear what the man has to say.

I'm even going to go over and invite Mr. Poachy McPoacherson!
Jeff if you want I can hook you up with a QDMA chapter in your area. Having one of them speak is good also.

I like that you have someone else do the talking. That is why Tony is coming. I also am having DNR bio come. It helps that we are friends
Old 01-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I offered to help the farmer to my south take does off his property, in '06. He told me "no" (My father in law and his dad are really close). Yet....he got a depredation permit, this past year. I can't figure that out. Nobody trusts anyone around here, it seems. I think if we could all agree that our efforts would help us and everybody involved.....we might get somewhere. Who knows....but I'm willing to try.

QDMA guy, here? I don't have much to offer the other guys....other than I took more does than both of them, combined. THEY have the acreage for food plots. I have nothing to help them out with.....except water. I can't even supplemental feed right now....for fear of theft.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I offered to help the farmer to my south take does off his property, in '06. He told me "no" (My father in law and his dad are really close). Yet....he got a depredation permit, this past year. I can't figure that out. Nobody trusts anyone around here, it seems. I think if we could all agree that our efforts would help us and everybody involved.....we might get somewhere. Who knows....but I'm willing to try.

QDMA guy, here? I don't have much to offer the other guys....other than I took more does than both of them, combined. THEY have the acreage for food plots. I have nothing to help them out with.....except water. I can't even supplemental feed right now....for fear of theft.
Jeff you wouldbe shocked what happens when neighbors come together and talk.

What do you have to offer? From what I see(read) you are there