Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If it aint broke..........

Old 01-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Default If it aint broke..........

How many have used the same hunting rig for more than 5 years? I am on year seven for my Parker and can't bring myself to change. I know there are better bows out there but it is still getting the job done and I have a hard time spending more money on a bare bow than I did for my TC pro hunter or my Berretta AL390. Every year I see the new bows, evenshot the new bows and have that itch to buy but just can't.I guess if I wasn't married with children I wouldn't be so reluctant. (But if the wife buys one more coach purse I am on my way to the pro-shop that day)

Tom
Old 01-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: If it aint broke..........

While I don't have the same bow, I do use the same equipment on it. Same rest and same sight as I have for some time now.....They don't have all the bells and whistles but they work just fine.

I hear ya about the purses though.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lmao! You are so right on the purse thing, same thing goes for all the shoe's they buy! I've been hunting with the same recurve for 13 years now.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt I will be getting rid of my Liberty any time soon.. 04

Old 01-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm probably reserved to the fact that I'm going to probably buy a new bow about every year. My shop owner makes it attractive, for me

I also just got into archery....and I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I've been through3 sights to get one I like....and I may try another brand on my new bow.

And I might be the only one that would love it if his wife went out and bought herself a new coach bag.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Hoyt Enticer is older than many oftodays experts.

And Jeff once before I told you I have the last hunting site you will ever need.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still shoot my 03' Hoyt Razortec.

Every year I have the strings changed.. and I usually try out a different sight.. and I replace the WB insert (don't want to be inaccurate past 20 yrds.[8D])

But I still love this bow. I just can't put it down yet.. it has a few more kills left in it.

Oh.. and while we are on the subject. My wife has 11 pairs of BLACK shoes alone. What could you possibly do with 11 pairs of black shoes.[&:]
Old 01-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven’t been shooting for quite five years, but I’ve only had one bow. It wasn’t until the second year that I even found out that it was left handed, and I shoot right…
I still shoot it and out shoot a couple of my friends. Not the die-hards though…
I think the bow is around eight years old from what I can tell. It’s a High Country Power force X1.
I know what you mean about wanting to change it and not doing it. I’m the sole provider for six. My kids always need something and the wife wants a lot too.
My next purchase is going to be a tiny little .410 for my youngest daughter and son, then a bow.
But recently I fell on what may be a deal on a bow; so now I don’t know what to do!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:29 PM

2003 Patriot.......only thing changed on it in last 5 years is strings/cables and some vibe stuff (stabilizer, etc). I did put a new disc in the WB when the B2 came out.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bought a PSE Nova about 5 years ago when I first decided to get into bow hunting. Had it until season ended this year with the only change being a new NAP rest. After dropping 5 deer in those 5 seasons I finally broke down and bought a new Whisper Creek last month. Will probably have this one for another 5.

Quick Reply: If it aint broke..........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.