Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If it aint broke..........

Old 01-22-2008, 03:07 PM

Default RE: If it aint broke..........

If it puts em' down, stick with it. Yeah, there might be a superior bow, but it's what u like. I have a buddy that has a Matthew Q2. I tease him about buying a new bow, that arrows bounce of the deer because it's too slow compared to the new bows. He says it still kills deer, & he's keeping it. I don't expect I'll be getting rid of my Tribute any time soon.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a trad bow ive shot and killed deer with since I was a kid in the early 80s. I shot two deer with it this year. As for compounds, I still have a hoyt excell that I bought in 1985 and killed two hogs with it last year before I gave it away. My main go to compound right now is a bow I put together in 2000. Its a powertec frame I put redline limbs onand a #6HO cam. Great shooting and fast bow. A bow will last as long as you want it to, provided you give it propper care.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

In college I had no girlfriend, trying something new was fun.
Now thatI am married I have bows

I may hunt with entire different setup from year to year.

Camo
Stand
Bow
Arrows
Release

Who knows, I have shot same release for last 10 years. I haave had my stands for 6 years, but if I find one I think is better I will buy it
Hunting is my only hobby, I have no others.

The model T was not broke, but I sure do not see to many on the road today
Old 01-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never hunted with any bow for any where close to 5 years. Most of my life I've run a shop at least part time and I'd just sell last years bow and buy a new one

Dan
Old 01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot an old High Country Ultra Force. It's a great bow, but I'm due for an upgrade this year. That bow has downed over 30 deer.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

fix it til it is
Old 01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Site Buck Guru

I'm still shooting my '97 HCA Max Force. Haven't found anything that feels better to me. My release is a '93. It all seems to work though.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geez I've changed bows 3 times already in the same season. LOL (I do realize that my position puts me in a pretty unrealistic sample group)

Oh.. and while we are on the subject. My wife has 11 pairs of BLACK shoes alone. What could you possibly do with 11 pairs of black shoes.[&:]
And Dukester........come talk to me when she hits 117 pairs of shoes. Until then she's little league.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:31 PM

yea i shoot an 04 ultrasport i dont have any desire to get rid of it
Old 01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Ive been shooting my Parker for 3 years now and the only things ive changed on it is the sights and the rest and i see that when im up to 60 pounds i wont need a new bow for awhile bc it shoots fast enough and it is accurate

Quick Reply: If it aint broke..........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.