Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Brace Height Question - Airborne Speed?

Old 01-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Brace Height Question - Airborne Speed?

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I've shot both.

The 82nd seemed no less forgiving than the 101st.

It should be, but wasn't.
Dan that is what the guys I know that are shooting both are saying. If you haven't shot both I don't think you can say with any certainty one way or the other

Dan
Old 01-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok here's abrain teaserquestion for any who care.........given the same amount of reflex in the riser (which is a given since both have the same riser)

Which bowshould be more forgiving with relation to brace height.........and what is it exactly about a higher brace height that makes it more forgiving?

Bow A) 101st Airborne at 30" draw length
Bow B) 82nd Airborne at 27" draw length

Old 01-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

I shot both only a dozen times or so each, and couldn't really find too much difference in the 2 except one was slightly long on me. I shoot 27 and the 101 starts at 27.5. As far as camo options, you cant get them in Predator either. Wont stop me from buying one.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have no idea. Why is a higher brace height more forgiving than a lower one?
ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Ok here's abrain teaserquestion for any who care.........given the same amount of reflex in the riser (which is a given since both have the same riser)

Which bowshould be more forgiving with relation to brace height.........and what is it exactly about a higher brace height that makes it more forgiving?

Old 01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

MATT! I could hug you!!! That;s what I'm trying to get at!!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

I dont get it! I want to know too! Splain Lucy!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: loogout1

I shot both only a dozen times or so each, and couldn't really find too much difference in the 2 except one was slightly long on me. I shoot 27 and the 101 starts at 27.5. As far as camo options, you cant get them in Predator either. Wont stop me from buying one.
It is important to shoot the bows at your draw length to get an accurate feel for them, any of the Bowtechs.

When at all possible!

Dan
Old 01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, in response to your post I have always advocated that shorter draw guys can get away with lower brace heights and slightly shorter A to A and still have the same amount of forgivness in a bow all else being equal

Dan
Old 01-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Matt, in response to your post I have always advocated that shorter draw guys can get away with lower brace heights and slightly shorter A to A and still have the same amount of forgivness in a bow all else being equal

Dan
ok Dan .... why?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a PM from Mobo ..... pasted with permission:

Longer brace height should always be more forgiving. For a few reasons. 1. Slower speed. That slower speed is due to the decreased time the cam is in it's power stroke. 2. Because of the decreased power stroke, the arrow isn't on the string as long, giving the archer just a split second less to "mess up the shot." The longer the arrow is on the string, the more time the shooter has to flub it up.

So, a shorter DL bow would be more forgiving than a longer DL bow, even if the BH on the shorter is less. It's still on the string a less amount of time than the longer DL. Also, because of the slower speeds, caused by the shorter DL, the bow will be more forgiving as well.

If that's what you're looking for, copy/paste it if you want.....I didn't want to post it because I wasn't sure if that's what we're looking for.
that helps .... thanks, Bro

Quick Reply: Brace Height Question - Airborne Speed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.