Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I shoot competitively year-round
6.67%
I do it in the offseason
44.44%
There is no such thing as the "offseason." No time to waste.
26.67%
Even if I did have free time, shooting foam is just not my idea of fun
22.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Bowhunters - Competitive archery - do you do it?

Old 01-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowhunters - Competitive archery - do you do it?

I've shot spots, and I've shot 3d - but nothing was as fun as the day we were shooting FITA. Some of the guys at our local shops are real sticks in the mud - so that's a big turnoff, for me at least.
It's called being humble Fran
Old 01-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

I love to shoot 3-d but I have a slight case of ADD so when the group in front of me takes 30 mintes (I know they are trying to concentrate and win and I respect that) then I get frustrated. We started doing something new last year and I love it. My buddy who is a serious competition shooter came up with it to keep me shooting with them. I go first and I approach the next target without looking at it. I walk up to the stake (I only have my hunting bow) get ready as if I were in a tree. I look at the target, judge the yardage, and shoot. I only have 10 seconds to do all this much like hunting when that deer gets on top of you and stops in your last shooting lane before you even see him. It made things very interesting and humbling at the same time. It also has improved my ability to read and react several times over.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have no interest in league shooting or any stuff like that! I shoot on my own dime where I want and when I want, and shoot daily! I like being in the woods, scouting different areas, different types of hunting, yes with a gun as well! I watched a 3d shoot the other day when I was shooting my Longbow, looked pretty boring! But to each his own! More power to those guys that enjoy it, just not for me!