Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WB; not accurate?

Old 01-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Default RE: WB; not accurate?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

They don't use drop aways either.
I don't remember saying (because I didn't) that they did. I don't know where this is coming from.
You have stated PLENTY of times that this factors into your decision making on equipment.........you want to shoot what the "best" are shooting (Same reason Nike drivers sell).......again, why you started with a Mathews I'm guessing

You have given this reason specifically in the past as part of why you switched to a drop away..........yet you question the effectiveness of a WB by comparing it to top level target shooters. The same logic applies to your drop away.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Has this thread seriously gotten this far off track?

The point was to show that the WB is an accurate rest past 20 yards.

It was not posted saying that it is the most accurate rest on the market.

Jeff, you're absolutely right as I mentioned in PM last night. If it were that accurate, more pros would likely be shooting it.

However, and I feel like a damn broken record here, that is NOT the point of this thread. Yes, it was a spin off from the thread started two nights ago
[align=left]but I am not talking about competetive shooting or which rest is the most accurate. I'm saying that, although it was claimed that the WB is not accurate past 20 yards, it, in reality, IS.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]There is no "for the sake of argument" to be had here. Its very cut and dry.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]The hypothesis was that the WB would be accurate past 20 yards. I proved that. No arguments necessary.[/align][align=right][/align]

I can’t believe you’d say that the WB is the most accurate! Have you tried them all? Huh?

Man, you sound like a broken record…

Just playing man!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Hey bigJ,
Let me know when the next late night giveaway is!
Well, I'll start another round as soon as all the seasons are closed (pretty soon) but you're gonna have to stay up late...it's not called "BigJ's Late Night Giveaway" for nothing.

I got some good stuff this year so stay tuned!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Atlas and BigJ

Have you guys seen Bowtechs new arrow rest?

What do you guys think?

As has already been said..........it is not a new rest. Funny how some guys are coincidentally high on this rest all the sudden

My arrow fits loosely in my WB........not much but enough that the same loose fit would cause me to lose containment on the Hostage..........I set my bow on it's side across my shooting rail when I hunt and the last thing I want is the arrow banging around when I lift up my bow.

NAP has the same Idea...........but losing containment defeats the purpose IMO.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

You have given this reason specifically in the past as part of why you switched to a drop away..........yet you question the effectiveness of a WB by comparing it to top level target shooters. The same logic applies to your drop away.
My drop away is an example of a level of "mediocrisy" I'm able to live with in a hunting situation. Just like your hunting bow......my hunting bow.....and everything else (archery related) I hunt with. In Bruce's example.....it's what the race car drier is accepting when he gets in his family car.

Yes. the same logic applies to my drop away.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

My drop away is an example of a level of "mediocrisy" I'm able to live with in a hunting situation. Just like your hunting bow......my hunting bow.....and everything else (archery related) I hunt with. In Bruce's example.....it's what the race car drier is accepting when he gets in his family car.

No, it's not.............I am not "accepting" mediocrity in my hunting rig because somebody else can drill X's in Vegas with a spring steel rest. They are 2 TOTALLY different worlds..........what is "best" for one is not "best" for the other (not to mention 99.9% of it is the person anyways). Using target gear in the woods would be stupid and an inferior choice..........even if it would serve you better at an indoor target shoot.

Yes. the same logic applies to my drop away.
You have said many times that you want to shoot what the "best" are shooting and used that as a reason for going to a drop away. Your logic in this thread contradicts what you have stood by in the past.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

You have said many times that you want to shoot what the "best" are shooting and used that as a reason for going to a drop away. Your logic in this thread contradicts what you have stood by in the past.
No. No it doesn't. The best archers in the world (target) shoot a certain type rest. For my target rig....I'm really interested in learning more about what they're shooting.....and I'll likely go with something along those lines (actually....just ordered one).

For my hunting rig....I look to the people I trust (fellow hunters that I trust) and I listen to their pros and cons on why they shoot what they do (on their hunting rigs). That's where I start looking. Luckily for me....I found a good one early on.....after a not so satisfying experience with another rest.

I don't care what anyone thinks of my choices. Why do you? And why would you care about mine?

Old 01-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,
I for one hate hearing about your annual bows, arrows, climbers, drop aways, stabilizers, rests, 3D targets, scent blocker and all the other crap you buy!
Because I’m jealous…
Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 PM

I didn't read all the replies, but I will say what I always say when this comes up. I am not a big fan of the WB rests, however they are no less accurate than any other rest that is set up properly. You can realistically shoot perfectly well with a correctly set up flipper rest. And there are some very impressive records that have been set to prove this.

The only advantage most rests give you from one design or model to another is either ease of use or set up. Most rests work perfectly fine when set right, the problem is some are harder to get that way.

Same thing goes for sights. Those fancy micro adjustable Spott Hog or whatever sights are not any more accurate than my 30 dollar generic three pin fiber optic sights are. They are just easier to fiddle with is all.

Paul

Old 01-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Killer....I started with NOTHING. I've only had 2 bows....2 climbers (mine and my son's)....1 drop away.....2 stabilizers....1 3D target.....and 1 scent blocker jacket!

We got guys doing that every year!

Seriously...I've just had to get a bunch of stuff in a short time. If you inventoried me v. some of these guys in here......lol....well....I've heard 40 stands mentioned in here, before. Add THAT up!

Quick Reply: WB; not accurate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.