Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WB; not accurate?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WB; not accurate?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

What do they use when they hunt?
Don't know....don't care....has nothing to do with the "accuracy" claims.

Ask Matt/PA which of his bows is more "accurate"......and ask him which one he hunts with.
It seems you missed the point. Car racers don't drive around town in their race cars but I am sure they drive a car they like. Just like competition archers may not hunt with their competition gear but they may use hunting gear that they like, such as a WB. Then we would be comparing apples to apples. To say that, since a competition archer doesn't use a WB (a hunting rest) in competition archery because it isn't good enough, is comparing apples to oranges.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Although I think you can make those statistics say anything you want (when it comes to titles and bow mfr's).....your post (claim) has merit. If I were a competitive archer...and I thought Mathews was the cutting edge in target archery ......you darned right I'd shoot one. In any endeavor I take seriously.....I'd like to think I was on an even playing field with my fellow competitiors.

I don't care what the average archer shoots. The claim has been made that the WB is as accurate as any rest on the market. I simply asked......if that's true.....

.....well....you know.

Bruce....when those race drivers ride around town in their WB's.....they're not required to be as accurate as they are on the race course.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the WB.....[8D]

I just close my eyes when I shoot..... and become the arrow...
Old 01-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I use the WB.....[8D]
is it accurate?....[:-]
Old 01-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Bruce....when those race drivers ride around town in their WB's.....they're not required to be as accurate as they are on the race course.
Well then, using your logic we should all use the rests that competition archers use because we will be more accurate with them when we go hunting .
Old 01-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Kyle... the WB's accurate.

But its soo loud... luckily the deer I hunt are deaf..[8D]
Old 01-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Germ

Thx looking at it that is what I thought about bumping it. I wanted some real world views.
Germ,

Like I said, it's a decent rest nothing to write home about though. It's been out for a while but nobody gave it any kind of decent review until Bow Tech bought out the company.......now it's the next best thing since sliced toast.....go figure.

I GAVE mine away on BigJ's Late Night Giveaway.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Well then, using your logic we should all use the rests that competition archers use because we will be more accurate with them when we go hunting .
See there you go throwing in hunting, again.....

I feel quite safely in saying the race car driver.....driving around in his favorite street car....knows FULL WELL it isn't as high performance as his Sunday ride.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:57 PM

Has this thread seriously gotten this far off track?

The point was to show that the WB is an accurate rest past 20 yards.

It was not posted saying that it is the most accurate rest on the market.

Jeff, you're absolutely right as I mentioned in PM last night. If it were that accurate, more pros would likely be shooting it.

However, and I feel like a damn broken record here, that is NOT the point of this thread. Yes, it was a spin off from the thread started two nights ago
but I am not talking about competetive shooting or which rest is the most accurate. I'm saying that, although it was claimed that the WB is not accurate past 20 yards, it, in reality, IS.
There is no "for the sake of argument" to be had here. Its very cut and dry.
The hypothesis was that the WB would be accurate past 20 yards. I proved that. No arguments necessary.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I use the WB.....[8D]

I just close my eyes when I shoot..... and become the arrow...
Now that’s funny…

I’ve only used the WB, since I’ve only had one hand-me-down bow, and it came with it… and mine is much uglier than the one in the pic. The threads on mine look like twigs compared to those!

I’ve shot bows with the drop away. Sure seemed neat, but it didn’t seem like it would work for still-hunting on the ground. The WB will allow you to move the bow anyway you want and keep the arrow on the rest. But hey, I aint no pro baby… I wonder what the Indians used; thumb?

Hey bigJ,
Let me know when the next late night giveaway is!

Quick Reply: WB; not accurate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.