Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WB; not accurate?

Old 01-22-2008, 10:13 PM

Default RE: WB; not accurate?

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Actually... Even if I knew that the WB wasproven to beless accurate, less forgiving and whatnot, I'd probably keep it on there anyway,just to torment the masses here on HNI.

The Kingstrives to have the most offensive hunting setup on Huntingnet. The whisker biscuit isthe crown jewel ofthe King's scepter.

I still think we need an official test. It's late January - a perfect time for such pointless endeavors.
Best I can do on short notice is a 10 yard indoor range.

Something tells me this wouldn't suffice for some.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quick,you like it and that is what is important,it works as well,even more important.

Here is a slow motion clip that supports exactlty what I have found to be the case in all my experience with them.WHICH isn't that extensive but more than a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwTizMtvKwI

Compare that to a prong.Which also backs my findings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3s2Vq_ZnUo

Here is a dropaway,notice how long the arrow is left floating by itself with no guidance.The wb is good in this department but imo,is still in contact well after the string has let go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfRmvX8hy5g
Old 01-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wash - you could shoot it out of a hooter shooter, on a perfectly-tuned bow, on HD Blu Ray video, inside a vacuum, on a Sunday, on10 stacks of bibles, with Jesus, Moses, your motherand a dozen nunsas sworn witnesses - and people would still pick at it.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:20 PM

The problem I have with that video TFOX, is that its the old model WB. No one really uses that model anymore for anything but bowfishing, as thats what it is marketed for these days.

I want to see a slow motion video of the updated model, brown bristles instead of all black.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:22 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Wash - you could shoot it out of a hooter shooter, on a perfectly-tuned bow, on HD Blu Ray video, inside a vacuum, on a Sunday, on10 stacks of bibles, with Jesus, Moses, your motherand a dozen nunsas sworn witnesses - and people would still pick at it.
I suppose this is true.

But what if we made it 11 bibles?

Would that be too many? Would people ask "Why 11 bibles? Why not 12?"
Old 01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Site Bouncer

I posted this a while back but nobody seemed to pay attention to it.

What about the trend by the drop away folks of trying to keep the arrow ON the rest for as long as possible stating that it makes for a more stable arrow?

I know that it's the "Wammy's" talking point. They say an arrow is better stabilized if left on the rest for a longer period of time. Could you imagine the panic in the drop away ranks if this ends up being true?

I'm not buying the "less forgiving" theory either. I don't think it matters in the least what rest you have on your bow. At todays speeds, that arrow is on the rest fractions of a second. I believe most folks problems are happening BEFORE the release is even tripped. Once that arrow is released it spends a millisecond of time on the rest....any rest.

I don't know.....All I know is my arrows go where I aim them at any distance I shoot and I'm using a Whisker Biscuit. If they don't it has nothing to do with the rest or any other component on the bow....except for they person behind it.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

What about the trend by the drop away folks of trying to keep the arrow ON the rest for as long as possible stating that it makes for a more stable arrow?

I know that it's the "Wammy's" talking point. They say an arrow is better stabilized if left on the rest for a longer period of time. Could you imagine the panic in the drop away ranks if this ends up being true?

I'm not buying the "less forgiving" theory either. I don't think it matters in the least what rest you have on your bow. At todays speeds. that arrow is on the rest fractions of a second. I believe most folks problems are happening BEFORE the release is even tripped. Once that arrow is released it spends a millisecond of time on the rest....any rest.

I don't know.....All I know is my arrows go where I aim them at any distance I shoot and I'm using a Whisker Biscuit. If they don't it has nothing to do with the rest or any other component on the bow....except for they person behind it.
I think the bold portion has a lot to do with it.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not buying the "less forgiving" theory either. I don't think it matters in the least what rest you have on your bow. At todays speeds, that arrow is on the rest fractions of a second. I believe most folks problems are happening BEFORE the release is even tripped. Once that arrow is released it spends a millisecond of time on the rest....any rest.

Those miliseconds matter and I agree,most happens before the trigger is tripped.I eluded to what you posted in my last response.

Washington,I have only worked with the newer ones and they are the ones I find doing exactly what is shown in the video.I find the bristels entirely too stiff.

Think about this,why do prong rest have a tension adjustment on the prongs.Answer is to soften them up so they won't kick the arrow up like in the wb video,now,where is the adjustment on the wb?
Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

The problem I have with that video TFOX, is that its the old model WB. No one really uses that model anymore for anything but bowfishing, as thats what it is marketed for these days.

I want to see a slow motion video of the updated model, brown bristles instead of all black.
I agree, plus it doesn't have the support ring around it either

Also that videowas put out by PSE to push sales of one of their rests andwe all know how PSEwould never do anything to make their product look better....right.

Lets see......use the all black, heavy bristles, no support ring, loosen up the Allens a bit and "let her fly!!" (JMHO)
Old 01-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I agree, plus it doesn't have the support ring around it either

Also that videowas put out by PSE to push sales of one of their rests andwe all know how PSEwould never do anything to make their product look better....right.

Lets see......use the all black, heavy bristles, no support ring, loosen up the Allens a bit and "let her fly!!" (JMHO)
Don't misunderstand,the video was only to reference how the arrow kicks up,that is what I have found happens on the newer models.

The test is done on a machine that is fixed which we all know that is nothow the rest will be used so alot of thatwhipping of the bristleswill change.

Quick Reply: WB; not accurate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.