Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your chance to shine (3D/Target Resume')

Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your chance to shine (3D/Target Resume')

ORIGINAL: gplant

Have shot comp since the mid 80's.Won or placedin many local shoots.Got out of it for some time(10+YEARS my job)Got back into the IBO last year,placed 9th in the triple crown and plan on being in the top 5 this year.
Good shooting! What leg of the triple crown and what class were you in?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: gplant

Have shot comp since the mid 80's.Won or placedin many local shoots.Got out of it for some time(10+YEARS my job)Got back into the IBO last year,placed 9th in the triple crown and plan on being in the top 5 this year.
Good shooting! What leg of the triple crown and what class were you in?
HC GOING TO ADV THIS YEAR. It was the Mich Triple Crown.May shoot the national this year.All depends if my partner wants to.COST!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

3D / Hunter Class 2005
· 1st place 2005 Harrisburg, PA Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show Indoor 3D challenge
· 1st place 2005 ASA National Pro/Am tour Harrisburg , PA
· 1st place 2005 Pennsylvania IBO State Championships
·1st place 2005 Maryland IBO State Championships
· 3rd place 2005 IBO 2nd Leg of the National Championship Triple Crown, McKean, PA (The only leg I shot)
· 2nd place 2005 Pennsylvania ASA State Championships
· 3rd place 2005 overall IBO World Championships (9th in the Finals, shot the only 5 I shot all year long [:@])
· 1st Place Penn Dutch (Central PA ) Winter 3D league MBR class overall
3D / MBR Class 2006
· 13th place 2006 IBO 2nd leg of the National Championship Triple Crown, McKean, PA (First ever MBR National shoot and was leading through 20 targets)
· 1st place 2006 Maryland IBO State Championships
· 1st place 2006 Penn Dutch (Central PA) Winter 3D league MBR Class overall
3D / MBR Class 2007
· 1st place 2007 Penn Dutch (Central PA) Winter 3D league MBR Class overall

I have only been shooting 3D competitively since 2005, and didn't shoot much in 06 and 07' I'm back and in it to win it for 2008 after skipping all the big events in 07'.
I'm hoping this "resume" will be twice as long when 08 is over.

I didn't include the 2nd place to 36th place 8 target implosion at IBO Worlds in 06' in MBR. and I've probably won 6-8 "Money" team events in the last 3 yrs plus a bunch of local stuff.
I qualified the last 2 yrs for the finals at the Harrisburg Sport Show in MBR but couldn't make the final in 06 because I was sick and didn't turn in my card in 07 because I knew ahead of time I couldn't make the final. Hope to meet some fellow HNI'rs in the finals this year.
Been shooting very well so far 5 shoots into the year and hope to keep ramping up to the big stuff.......We'll see how things shake out 40 rounds of 3D from now at the end of August.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Some impressive stuff guys.

My resume'.

I beat Justin at Technohunt. [8D][8D][8D]

Back in college I took a first place in the women's '3-D' archery. (this was back when 3-D was really a burlap target on a bunch of haybales scattered all around the woods) What was cool (to me)is that I came in fourth place out of all the shooters. (about 125-130 shooters)(There was just one stake.)

I was shooting a JVA Astro bow, $125.00 fully rigged with a cobra sight, huntmaster rest and a calf-hairglove. 160 fps. I still have that bow.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

My resume isn't nearly as impressive as the Matts but I have done a little.I have shot some national events but I I'll be the first to admit it was before I was ready for it.I did win quite a bit of money in the team shoots in the ASA but when you have 5 guys on the same team and discussing yardage,it takes some of the pressure off and you can just relax and shoot.You also get to throw out 1 bad arrow out of the group so that helps too.

I have managed to win many shoots locally and semi locally.2 come to mind that I am proud of.I won an ASA Ky state qualifier against some tough competitors and I won a warm up shoot for Bedford at a local club that was TOUGH and I really blew away the field.To this day people remember me for that shoot.That was about the same time I had met a level 4 coach and he started giving me pointers and I also had started to work with a BT at home in the garage but after all my national travels.

Most all my shooting was done in the open class.

Here are a few trophies I have won over the years but I donated way more trophies back to the clubs than I took home.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to shoot more at the local level. Haven't had the time lately. I have 4, 3rd place trophies to my credit. All in the hunter, release catagory.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've probably shot in over 300 3-D shoots. I've been doing it since I was 3 years old. We don't have a local Archery Club around where I live anymore, we use to put on 4 shoots a year. Our club was called Crow River Archers. We were very well known in the 5 state area as having one of the better 3-D shoots in the Upper Midwest for allot of years. We would have 1 spring shoot, 2 summer shoots, and 1 winter shoot. I've only done it competitively 4 times at a regional level. In 1987 as a Youth at a Traditional shoot I won 1st place in regions at the Youth recurve level but never went on to state being I was just there for the fun of it anyway. Another time at the same Traditional shoot but a year earlier (1986) I took 4th place as a Youth in the recurve level at the regional level. The other 2 competitive 3-D shoots were also Traditional but as a adult, one was 2006, placed 40th out of 300 recurve shooters. The other was this last year in 2007 and I placed 45th out of 350 recurve shooters. We don't go for the competitiveness or to win these Traditional shoots, we go to have fun and its the only Traditional shoot in the area that I know of. Its a damn good one too if anyone is interested in going this coming year. Its in the 1st or 2nd week of June located in Coon Rapids Minnesota. Its an all Traditional shoot only. Its A very well known 3-D shoot.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I've probably shot in over 300 3-D shoots. I've been doing it since I was 3 years old. We don't have a local Archery Club around where I live anymore, we use to put on 4 shoots a year. Our club was called Crow River Archers. We were very well known in the 5 state area as having one of the better 3-D shoots in the Upper Midwest for allot of years. We would have 1 spring shoot, 2 summer shoots, and 1 winter shoot. I've only done it competitively 4 times at a regional level. In 1987 as a Youth at a Traditional shoot I won 1st place in regions at the Youth recurve level but never went on to state being I was just there for the fun of it anyway. Another time at the same Traditional shoot but a year earlier (1986) I took 4th place as a Youth in the recurve level at the regional level. The other 2 competitive 3-D shoots were also Traditional but as a adult, one was 2006, placed 40th out of 300 recurve shooters. The other was this last year in 2007 and I placed 45th out of 350 recurve shooters. We don't go for the competitiveness or to win these Traditional shoots, we go to have fun and its the only Traditional shoot in the area that I know of. Its a damn good one too if anyone is interested in going this coming year. Its in the 1st or 2nd week of June located in Coon Rapids Minnesota. Its an all Traditional shoot only. Its A very well known 3-D shoot.
Very cool Steve, I may have to come watch ya shoot in Coon Rapids this summer, only 40 min drive from me.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

2003 Tournament History / Womens Bowhunter

*IBO Bedford National Triple Crown.....25th
* ASA Illinois PRO/AM...first Day Results 3rd....finished in 10th
*ASA Metropolis Sims Shoot................8th
* ASA Illinois State Championship..........1st
* ASA Georgia Championship Classic.......35th

2004 Tournament History / Womens Bowhunter

*ASA Illinois Qualifier...........................1st
*Illinois ASA State Championship...........1st
*Illinois ASA PRO/AM ..........................19th
*Illinois ASA PRO/AM Sims Shoot...........10th
* ASA Championship Classic..................10th
* ASAGeorgia Championship ClassicSims Shoot....15th

2005 Tournament History / Womens Bowhunter

* ASA Illinois State Qualifier..................1st
* ASA Illinois State Championship...........1st
* ASA Illinois PRO/AM...........................9th
*ASA Illinois PRO/AM Simms Shoot.........12th
* ASA Georgia Championship Classic.......2nd

2006 Tournament History

I spent most of the 2006 Tournament season recovering from a partial finger amputation that occured on the job and was unable to compete in most of the usual Tournaments that I attend each year...And the ones I did shoot werent pretty[:'(]

2007 Tounament History = Womens Open Division

* ASA Illinois State Qualifier............2nd
*ASA Illinois State Qualifier............1st
* ASA Illinois State Championship.....2nd
* ASA Illinois PRO/AM....................22nd
* US Bowhunters Association.......Level 6 ,15th

* Blue Ridge Backwoods Bowhunter Classic..1st

Christine
After we put the new limbs on your Bow its time for you to jump back in the ring and shoot the New 3D......
Foam not Straw
We even have a Carp 3D target for ya[8D]
And we have a Trad class for Kendal... Heck we have enough guys shooting their Bowfishing rigs for 3D We otta start a Bowfisher 3D Class.
We have 10 days of 3D Shoots scheduled for this year at Blue Ridge Backwoods. We will get them on our website soon.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Lady Forge......not only is your hunting prowess impressive......your target resume' is extremely commendable.

Congratulations.

Quick Reply: Your chance to shine (3D/Target Resume')

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.