Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos video's

Old 01-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Primos video's

haha i'm not going to lie i love the Primos hunting dvds, i usually stick with the turkey, whitetail, and elk videos but the coyote and waterfowl videos are fun too. That being said it seems like the only thing they do in the whitetail videos is sit on the edge of a food plot and wack the biggest one out of the 10 plus deer in the field. Now i don't think that there is anything wrong with hunting like that, but i just don't think its realistic for most deer hunters. So it would be cool to see them hunting on a deer drive, or with hounds down south (i know some people don't like this but i've never seen it done so i'm curious), or in the big woods up north. Maybe having to film everything and come up with an entertaining video means that it isn't really practical to hunt other then in a stand/blind on the edge of a food plot, but it would be cool to see some of the different styles of deer hunting.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Primos video's

oh and in a related point, one of my biggest pet peeves about most hunting show are the canned, re-enactments of the hunt. Like they will show a clip of the deer/turkey/elk walking in, and it will cut to clip of the hunter slowly raising the rifle/bow/shotgun and its obvious that it is a different time of day. That is why i prefer the Primos Truth series videos because they are basically an over-the-shoulder view of the hunt without the corny cut scenes. Ok i'll get off the soap box now haha