Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any advice on filming hunts ?

In case I forgot, make sure you pick up a wind muff for your mic.
LOL, Robin... I was actually thinking to myself, "Does he know he just typed that up there?" the second time I read it.. and then I read it for a third time...
Old 01-22-2008, 02:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

In case I forgot, make sure you pick up a wind muff for your mic.
LOL, Robin... I was actually thinking to myself, "Does he know he just typed that up there?" the second time I read it.. and then I read it for a third time...
Oh crap, I only typed it 3 times?

* Get yourself a wind muff for whatever mic you are using.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:52 PM

how about some advice for the guys that can only afford to use standard handicam recorders??? I was wanting to record my sons fist hunt by mounting a cam inside the shooting house and using a second by hand to capture the shot... neither is going to be a high quality production style camera, but thought it would be fun to show everyone what its like when a 7yr old gets his first deer
Old 01-22-2008, 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

how about some advice for the guys that can only afford to use standard handicam recorders??? I was wanting to record my sons fist hunt by mounting a cam inside the shooting house and using a second by hand to capture the shot... neither is going to be a high quality production style camera, but thought it would be fun to show everyone what its like when a 7yr old gets his first deer
I think most of my advice applies to consumer cams as well. I know with many cams you can add a cheap external mic, and I would do that if your cam has the jack. And...of course, make sure add a wind muff to it.

If you are in a shooting house, I would try to recruit a third person to record it for you. Believe me, nothing better than getting to watch a little one get their first.

Here is my son's first when he was nine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYA3D2pM2xI