Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Parallel limb bow holder???????????

Old 01-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Parallel limb bow holder???????????

Rusty's thread about a bow stand bow holder has resurrected a major pain in my butt from last fall. Has ANYONE found a stand bow holder that will work with these parallel limb bows? I mean, they're not easy. I even went as far as picking up two different ones, besides the two different ones I had laying around on other stands... and none of them work. They have to be set so far tilted that it just takes too much movement and effort to extract a bow from them and still hold the bow securely. Does anyone know of one made specifically for parallel or near parallellimb bows. If someone invents it he'll make a lot of money.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Parallel limb bow holder???????????

I'll post up who makes it tomorrow, David......bu I have one on my Summit.

I actually don't use it much.....preferring a bow hook. BUT....it works great....and is VERY stable. I actually use it to attach my haul line to when I'm ascending.....and to hold my binos when I'm getting dressed in the stand.

Again....I don't know who makes it....but it's agood one.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i modified one of the older styles. heated it up with a torch, bent/twisted it so It would hold it level, then repadded it.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Can't wait. I also use mine a lot for binos etc. But sometimes I just like to have one handy on my climber top rail. I can adapt anything if it'll hold the bow like I want. All the ones I've found require too much movement to retrieve the bow. I have a couple arms, long and short, but I really hate to haul them, especially when going back in a piece. Most of the time I have my hand on the bow and have it resting in the top of my boot or in a bow holster which I'm never without. But sometimes I just like hands free for using the binos etc. Sometimes I just lay the bow across the rail on my wrap around hand climber section... but that requires a lot of movement to get the bow upright.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

David,

I use this one on my Ol'man climber. It's made by Ol'man and I haven't found a bow yet that it won't hold.

Worst case, could it be modified to fit your particular stand or are you more refering to one that attaches to your foot rest?

In my lock ons, I prefer the bars that screw into the tree and hang out in front of you.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Check back in a few, David. I'll go out to the building in a few and get the name
Old 01-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

here is my bow holder holding my general. its a little slanted simply because the stand is sitting on a table. I personally left it tilted at that angle, because if I grab the bow, tilt it straight up, it comes right out of the holder.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Rob, have you tried that with your Guardian yet and not just a MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm.[8D]

I had a holder very similiar to that, but it really isn't what I call secure. A little bump and it's gone. If you adjust it enough to prevent a little bump mishap... it takes a lot of tilting to retrieve the bow. I'm talking one that attaches to the top of my climber. Hang ons, though I rarely use them, I carry in the arm type, use my boot or use my bow holster.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Dominant Buck

http://www.thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=10

I haven't tried this with a guardian.....but it worked fine for my SB and the Allegiance. It's also adjustable....so I'm sure the Guardian would also fit just fine.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Rob, have you tried that with your Guardian yet and not just a MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm.[8D]

I had a holder very similiar to that, but it really isn't what I call secure. A little bump and it's gone. If you adjust it enough to prevent a little bump mishap... it takes a lot of tilting to retrieve the bow. I'm talking one that attaches to the top of my climber. Hang ons, though I rarely use them, I carry in the arm type, use my boot or use my bow holster.
Now you know that's not my MMmmmmmm, it's a picture from Ol'mans site.

I've never had a bow come out of it and I'll try my Guardian in it tomorrow. Too cold right now and I'm snuggled in. I do see what your refering to. I'll check around if no one else comes up with anything.

Quick Reply: Parallel limb bow holder???????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.