Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should I Go Hunting?

Old 01-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should I Go Hunting?

Just coming from a person that did not go this weekend either. I have plans to go this coming weekend providing it is not real cold to be honest. I hate going hunting in late season when it is real cold an don't know where the deer are hanging out at this time of the year. If I knew where the deer where hanging out at it would be just the opposite.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

How long does your season last in Arkansas BowhunterT...?

Ours ended Jan 15 and we have had some really miserable cold weather this weekend...so I don't blame you for not going out.Its kinda hard to draw a bow back when your frozen solid! [&:]
Old 01-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a thought here talking about the cold weather.. I thought the same thing this weekend when I got up to go and it was 8 degrees with 10 below wind chills.. Well it's doe only season right now but I seen 3 does and buck about 8 am in the middle of an open field.. The buck was a massive 12 that we had pics of all year but never seen.. Looks like he made it..
Anyway, moral of the story is if you want to hunt and you enjoy it then go.. You can't shoot that deer from your livingroom.. Get yer butt out there!
Old 01-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

GTOhunter,

Our season last till Feb 29th still have a little time left.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow...thats a long time Bow HunterT.

I've been down towards Fayetteville Arkansas in a little town about 10 miles outside of there in the mountains and I have never seen so many Deer per square mile in my life!I hauled home a 1961 Chevy stepside pickup home for my Brother.Maybe one of these days I'll get to hunt there?