Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Place your bets....Mount Airy showdown.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Place your bets....Mount Airy showdown.

Matt:

I just heard, today.....that everyone shoots from the same stakes at the Sage Creek shoot. The difference is in the equipment.

Bring whichever rig you WANT to bring. We'll all be shooting from the same place, anyways. I may go up there, Saturday, and shoot my very first trad 3D round. I'm thinking that would be a blast....if I only have enough arrows!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you sure you get to shoot from the same stake? On their webpage it lists different stakes for different classes. How about I just bring both bows
Old 01-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Dominant Buck

How about you just shoot whichever class you want to and not worry about the stakes. I've shot in two outdoor 3D's so far....and both times I've shot with guys shooting longer stakes than me. It's not an issue. Not one bit. I'll say it one more time and then I really don't care, anymore.

Shoot what you want to.

A guy I shot with today said everyone shoots the same stakes at Sage Creek. He shoots open classWITH a hunting rig.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:22 PM

I'm going to go with Jeff on this one. Although Matt is shooting awesome in the league, judging yardage is the name of the game in 3d. That and Jeff shot 8 deer this year at different yardages. I think that experience alone puts him over the top by a little. So i'm going with Jeff, then Matt, then Aaron. Good luck to all you guys tho. I'm sure it will be a blast.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am going with Jeff

If it's close he will start playing mind games with the lads, they won't be able it handle it
Old 01-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Let me ask you guys something.....

If any of you are 3D shoot vets.....what's the deal with taking so much damned time to shoot? I think guys relate it to some "pros" they've seen or something. I know when a lot of golfers "think" they're playing at the "next" level.....they seem to relate that to how much time they take to pull the trigger.

There's only one thing worse than having to endure somebody slow. That's having to endure somebody slow and bad.

I shot with the guy who probably won the open class, today....but he was slower than Christmas. What's the big deal? He asked me one time how I got the yardage so quickly. I said I didn;t....I just guess fast.

If I analyzed every freakin shot that much....it would take the fun out of it, for me. I played golf fast, too. When people used to ask me the course record at the club I worked at....I told them 1:24.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to 3D jeff

I heckle those guys[8D] I ask do you think a buck will sit there why you

Glass him three times
check you arrrow 4 times
stand there while your adjust you yardage on you site

Old 01-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Dominant Buck

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING ABOUT?

It takes me "MAYBE" 10 seconds to get my yardage. After that....if I think about it....I'm screwing up. I pick one and commit.

The thing that takes the most time with me.....is glassing the target to try to find something to aim at. I admit it takes me a few seconds on this, sometimes. But I do all of this with my bow in my hand.

Guy today.....EVERY SINGLE TARGET......whether he shot first or last.....he'd set his bow down in fornt of him and lean it agains him. I swear he had time to incorporate the Lord's Prayer into his pre-shot routine. I almost caught myself saying "Forever and Ever, Amen", once.[&:]
Old 01-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usually take a little time. Not alot though. I like glassing the target and then making a yardage adjustment. I agree, taking too long can screw you up, but getting in a hurry can screw you up worse. If I shoot my hunting bow, I'll be quick. the open bow, I'll take a little more time on, but not alot.

Jeff, I understand you don't care what stake I shoot. i'm just not ready for 50yd outdoor open class. If everyone shoots from the same stake, then I'll shoot the open bow. If they are divided, I'll shoot hunter, with you guys.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:45 PM

Smart money's on Jeff.

Quick Reply: Place your bets....Mount Airy showdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.