Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Little things that really tick you off.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Little things that really tick you off.

Post some "little things" that happen from time to time in bowhunting or during your preparation that really ... umm... "tick"... you off.

I'll start:

So, I'm outside shooting my bow this summer, practicing with a $10 Montec head. Apparently, I didn't put enough glue on my insert, because when I pulled my arrow out of the block... *pop* The insert and head stayed inside.

You dirty rotten....

So, now I've got thisspot in my block target that I can't shoot into - b/c there's abroadhead in there, waiting to eat my arrows. And I'm out of a $10 head.
__________________________________________________ ________

Nothing makes me madder than climbing all the way up a tree, only to discover that either:
A.) It has a bigass knot in it, and you can't get your climber up over it
B.) The part of the tree that you want to sit in - is leaning the wrong stinkin' way, and your climber just doesn't want to cooperate - so you're stuck facing in a direction that you'd rather not be facing; or
C.) You dropped your bow rope, and you get the pleasure of now going back down to retrieve it.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 AM

Default RE: Little things that really TICK you OFF!

Getting to the range just to relize you forgot something important to be able to shoot, and sight in your bow[:@].
Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

The worst for me has to be climbing all the way up, doing your harness up and dropping your glove or something stupid like that. Specially when you slipped in as quietly as possible and you know have to make the racket of undoing your harness, climbing down, climbing back up and doing it up once again.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

My uncanny inability to judge the initial angle of my climbing stand in relation to the taper of the tree.......[:@]

Old 01-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had just gotten up in my climber one afternoon this year and went to pull my bow up and my quiver popped off. The Alpine Soft-Loc went on ebay the next day
Old 01-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I am all jacked and focused, just KNOWING a buck is coming by in the next few minutes ... then some idiot who doesn't have permission to hunt the land I'm on walks by LOUDLY!!!!![:@][:@]
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Climber (user)malfunction - Nothing makes me madder than climbing all the way up a tree, only to discover that either:
A.) It has a bigass knot in it, and you can't get your climber up over it
B.) The part of the tree that you want to sit in - is leaning the wrong stinkin' way, and your climber just doesn't want to cooperate - so you're stuck facing in a direction that you'd rather not be facing; or
Amen to these two. One of the biggest complaints I have about climbers. But their advantages certainly outweight the disadvantages.

Matt,
Don't worry, I also have a terrible ability at judging the angle of my climber for the angle of the tree...I always find my self at my desired height thinking "If I would have slid my cable in/out one more notch, this would be PERFECT."
Nontypical Buck

I seem to have the Same issue MAtt - really sucks early season when it is warm

Hate the feeling in the early season that something isn't quite right - even though you prepared everything- only to get in the tree and feel inexperienced or that you forgotten something
Old 01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I had just gotten up in my climber one afternoon this year and went to pull my bow up and my quiver popped off. The Alpine Soft-Loc went on ebay the next day
I can see that happening. However, it certainly seems to take a lot of force to pop the quiver off the mounting bracket, although I'm sure getting it hung up on a branch or brush might just do that
Old 01-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

My daypack has a drink holder on it, on the left-hand side (when it's on your back). I like to hang my bow on the left, and my daypack onmy right. So, to get at my water, I'm stuck reaching around the tree like a monkey just to get it - because it's *conveniently* positioned on the opposite side of the pack. ...and you can't turn it around, just based on the design.

So then, I just kinda sit there and brood over it - thinking "why can't they make a damn daypack with the drink pocket on the opposite side?" "I'm thirsty, but I really don't feel like standing up and reaching around there fishing for this stupid water bottle. Guess I'll just sit here and die of thirst."

Little things...

Quick Reply: Little things that really tick you off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.