Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Little things that really tick you off.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Little things that really TICK you OFF!

Oh man, the list is endless. How about when a big group of does comes in so fast(on the run), that you dont have time to get ready. Then there are so many eyes around that you have to sit there and watch as they FEED AWAY from you and you get no shot ops. Or you have some deer coming in and you get ready, on the side of the tree that they have committed to pass by, only to have them hang up, feed, and go on the other side of the tree, only to be pinned down not being able to move. AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Noticing a buck coming towards youan is getting close, but not as close as the mosquitos trying to get into the corner of your eyes. [:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Or how about the mental struggle of something so stupid as wether or not you should put your fleece on now or later. Its 5am, you just got set up in your climber. You're a slight bit warm but not sweating, comfortable. Your pullover is jammed between the seat and the tree just mocking you. "You're hot now but as soon as that sun starts to come up you're gonna freeze like a little girl". You fight it, telling yourself its not gonna get that cold, all the while knowing deep down the fleece is right. Finally you've had enough, you're shivering like vibrator, you look around to make sure there are no deer in the area, and begin the process. Finally you have it on, defeated you sit back down only to see a couple of white fingers wagging at you in the distance. Am I the only one??
Old 01-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

any form of poaching!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: waiting_for_a_gift

I feel that for most hunters, if they would devote as much time, energy, preparation to still hunting as they do to tree standing, they would enjoy it more and have equal success.
You don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of killing a deer via still hunting where I hunt. I guaranteeit. What ticks me is when people are walking around when they should be settled in their stands.[:@]So much for public land.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

[:@]When a fellow co-worker, bowhunter and (FRIEND) tries to belittle my post [8D]I see a cage match forming [&:]

When your walking in, its dark, and walk directly under the spot where no less that 60 turkeys had decided to roost and decide to UNROOST making you feel like screeming like a little girl
ORIGINAL: Tuco

Sounds to me like you are afraid of the dark and dogs. Me and that dog of yours have a score to settle one of these days. And I think I gave you specific intructions on that climber and what that one rope was for? You big dummy.
>>>BAM<<<
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

when im walking in in the dark, and the pull up cord comes unwound off my climber bow holder, and imitates a coyote stalking me from 25 yards behind me [:@]

whem my yellow lab trailes me from 4 miles away and finds me when im walking out in the dark, and makes me think its a Raptor attacking me [:@]

When i bump the bottom of my climber sending it 25' tothe ground, leaving me stranded in the top section with my legs dangling, because i failed to tie the two sections together [:@]

when someone else sets a stand 50 yards from mine because they did not look around and see if any one was already set up there [:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Little things that really tick you off.

I hate it when you sneak into your elk stand (over a superb wallow), after climbing 1000-1500 ft or so, you climb the tree, get in the stand, change your wet shirt out for a dry one, settle in, look around, take a few ranges (as if you can't remember the last 100 times you did it), then draw your bow without an arrow in it to tune your muscle memory and make sure there are no cricks or screaks in the "outfit," and then!!! you dry fire the bow and it leaps out of your hand and drops 22 ft to the ground. UHhh...

Anyway, you have to get down, and "oh my god" the bow still is intact except for the sight shroud! You shoot one field point to see if it is on at 30, and get back up.

The best thing about that evening was that I could have killed any one of four cow elk under me, but I chose to pass for the bull I killed 10 days later.

I have to say this might not be the biggest blunder I have made in 27 seasons of bow hunting, but it is sure the most recent - 07 baby!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

I can't stand it when you take all the preperation and time in a hunt get out early and thirty minutes later a shooter buck comes by and you make a deceant shot on him. So I wait a few hours to get out of the stand to go look for him and when you get to the end of the blood trail and there is a big pool of blood and nothing else, like some one walked off with my deer. Thats why i dont have a pic of my buck that I took this year, because it is hanging in someone else's garage. Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems like every third post on this thread is about climbing treestands.... Yet people laugh at my treesaddle..

This one happened to me this year. I found the perfect tree. I screwed in a bunch of steps, screwed in my bowholder, climbed up and got settle in....

Only to realize that I left my release back at the truck! [:@]

Old 01-18-2008, 07:23 PM

In your tree for a good 45 minutes just about daylight and some idiot who is running late decides to venture in your direction spoking the deer that had feed fairly closeyour stand in the twlight.

Quick Reply: Little things that really tick you off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.