Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Little things that really tick you off.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Little things that really TICK you OFF!

Pine Tree Sap[&:]
Old 01-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

That one limb/branch that would open the mother of all shooting lanes, and you can't cut it without one of those teloscoping saws.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:12 PM

i hate it wheni get up the tree with my climber and i do something silly like drop something. like my quiver.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha....

#$%&$%#. Snoooze.

!#$%&*!#. Snoooze.

!#$%&*!# Wife now complaining. Situation deteriorating.
*Turns Alarm Off*

Get up (late).

Grab a shower (still late).

Get dressed as fast as possible (still late, but making up some time).

Jam 200 pounds of hunting gear in the back seat (still late, but I can still be on time if I hurry).

Start the car.

Oh yeah.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

This may just be a problem for me but how about trying to stretch 2 inches of manhood through 6 inches of clothes so that you don't pee on yourself in the predawn of a very cold morning....[:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 02:33 PM

This happens to me once a year, and nothing pisses me off worse: I'm wearing my Codet wool bib overalls, take a leak, put it back in and zip up, and a tablespoon goes down my leg. I always forget that it's a "two hands" operation, you have to pull down on the fly opening to get complete drainage. I'll tell ya, this sucks worse than dropping something out of your tree!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Site Bouncer

During cold weather hunting I wear a fleece hood/mask over my ball cap. Well the velcro from the back of the hat (adjustmentstrap)sticks to the fleece on the hood/mask and proceeds to drive me nuts the whole time I'm hunting.[:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The logging crew that decides to throw 2 full grown pine trees across the only ATV trail to access "your" property. It's 6:00 AM and 32 degrees and you have all your gear only find that you can not get to your own property. Upon inspection of the only other alternative route you find it too has full grown logs across it as well. You decide with reckless abandon you "will" hunt this day regardless. You attempt to go thru the woods around the log's treetops thru the surrounding woods. In order to do this you must perform motocross type skills over unexplored terrain and saplings in the dark with little to no hesitation. In the process ofriding down one of said saplings,ATV suddenly develops the mind of a PBR champion behemoth and comes down in a twisting, bucking motion and slams the upper cam of your$1000 bow into a full grown pine.(Much swearing and wishing for logging crew's demise follows)After succeeding in getting around said trees, you find that there are 3 more huge treetops crossing your trail. Again, with a bowhunter's resolve, you literally jump said tree-tops in sheer determination to make it to you stand before daylight. Upon unloading your climber from the ATV you look for your $100 rechargeable Mag-Lite only to find it is probably under the tree-tops-from-hell that will soon be skidded to the nearest delimbing station that is running at full force throughout the morning in your hunting utopia background. Said Light later found 6 inches from creek crossed in route to stand. This is not your typical morning but I just had to get this out. (Last Monday's hunt)

Oh, and I must not forget the nail head from a past permanent stand in the fork of 3 trees. After being the deer stalker extroadinaire getting set up in the darkness, you begin to climb. Notice this is only the beggining. Each time you lift the bottom portion of the climber it will not budge. You try to force it but to no avail. Finally in desperation you must turn on the headlight to penetrate the total darkness and see what this "thing" is that will not let you climb. Oh, just a rusty nail head. No problem. Until you find that even the best contortionist could not reach the cable of your climber to remove it from said nail. Why did I choose a climber for this mission? At this point I am not sure. After much struggling and hanging over the edge of the top portion of my climber with toes hooked under shooting rail, I manage to defeat the rusty nail of Satan. (Only to hunt all morning with no deer sightings) That's why I love this sport.

LT
Old 01-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds to me like you are afraid of the dark and dogs. Me and that dog of yours have a score to settle one of these days. And I think I gave you specific intructions on that climber and what that one rope was for? You big dummy.
>>>BAM<<<
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

when im walking in in the dark, and the pull up cord comes unwound off my climber bow holder, and imitates a coyote stalking me from 25 yards behind me [:@]

whem my yellow lab trailes me from 4 miles away and finds me when im walking out in the dark, and makes me think its a Raptor attacking me [:@]

When i bump the bottom of my climber sending it 25' tothe ground, leaving me stranded in the top section with my legs dangling, because i failed to tie the two sections together [:@]

when someone else sets a stand 50 yards from mine because they did not look around and see if any one was already set up there [:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Another one that gets me is spending so much time to get to your tree as stealth as possible, just when you think youve succeeded without disturbing the woods at all, you go to screw in your bow hanger and creeeeeeeeeek, creeeeek, with ever passing turn until its in far enough to support your bow.I swear the sound echos around the woods for like 5 minutes after that and youve just realised that 15 minutes you spent walking in slowly was almost a complete waste.

Quick Reply: Little things that really tick you off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.